Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Formby's Finish Applicator Pads

Anyone know where to buy Formby's Finish Applicator Pads on line?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Frank A. wrote:
Anyone know where to buy Formby's Finish Applicator Pads on line?

Tried www.formbys.com?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Frank A." wrote in message
Anyone know where to buy Formby's Finish Applicator Pads on line?

Give um a call.

Formby's Company
10 Mountainview Road
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
Phone: (800) 290-1105

or e-mail'um

http://forms.formbys.com/formbys.cfm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 18, 5:22*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Frank A." wrote in message

Anyone know where to buy Formby's Finish Applicator Pads on line?

Give um a call.

Formby's Company
10 Mountainview Road
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
Phone: (800) 290-1105

or e-mail'um

http://forms.formbys.com/formbys.cfm

Tried Formby's...no luck. They only sell to distributor and the ace
hardware people don't have it and don't even know the sku #.

e-mail from Formby's:

Dear Frank,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Formby's. We appreciate
hearing
from you.

I did not find a retailer in your immediate vicinity who has purchased
Formby's Finish Applicator Pads in the past six months. Ace Hardware,
Do
It Best Hardware, True Value Hardware, Wal-Mart, and select
independent
paint and hardware stores tend to carry the best selection of the
Formby's
product line. The standard merchandising plan for these stores
includes
the entire Formby's product line, though this is not always the case.
Some
stores limit their selection based on their geographical location and
current market trends.

You may also order any of the Formby's products directly through ACE
Direct
at 1-800-441-4223 or on-line at www.acehotline.com. The SKU (product)
number for Finish Applicator Pads is 30027000.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck with
your
project.

Sincerely,

Donna
Formby's Product Support

Posted to rec.woodworking

Frank A. wrote:
On Jan 18, 5:22 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Frank A." wrote in message

[...]

Did you try your local Ace hardware? If it's in the Minwax catalog
(Formbys is a Minwax brand) and still in production they should be
able to get it for you.

FWIW, much googling revealed a UPC code 3205330027, and two suppliers
that had every Formby's product _but_ that one.

Everybody seems to have a Formbys Furniture Face Lift Kit for 20 bucks
or so that includes three of them.

I'd lay good odds that they don't do anything that the 24 piece set of
foam brushes that Rockler and Grizzly sell for under 7 bucks doesn't
do. If I really thought that it did my gut reaction would be to get
some foam brushes and get the face lift kit and compare and if the
Formbys pads really did make a difference then I'd worry about how to
get them without paying for the face lift kit.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 19, 6:52*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Frank A. wrote:
On Jan 18, 5:22 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Frank A." wrote in message

[...]

(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)- Hide quoted text -

Latest e-mail from Formby's:

Hi Frank,

Donna is out of the office. The SKU # is 30027000. We're not permitted
sell direct.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Greg
Formby's Product Support
Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote
**snip**

If I really thought that it did my gut reaction would be to get
some foam brushes and get the face lift kit and compare and if the
Formbys pads really did make a difference then I'd worry about how to
get them without paying for the face lift kit.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

One little note on foam brushes.
I did a rather extensive project awhile back and though I seldom use foam
brushes I bought a few of the cheapies and a few of the more expensive ones.
I could definitely tell the difference in the amount of bubbles and lines
left in the finish.
Here is a link to the better of the two at Lowes:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...2-2&lpage=none

I found this post in another group, maybe it will help you get the pads

Kate

(quoted text follows)

Formby's Tung Oil Applicator Pads

Posted by Hardlyhandy on August 22nd, 2006 12:48 PM
April 14th, 2006 06:38 PM
I really like these pads for applying tung oil, but I also can no longer
find them in my area. However, I contacted Formby's and they put me in touch
with a hardware store out of Fl. that will mail order them. The number is
1-800-441-4223. The product number is 30027.
Good Luck