Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need help identifying hinge

have kitchen cabinets that have European style hinges which I need
to replace. I am having trouble identifying the manufacturer, Does
anybody recognize this hinge brand?

http://www.pbase.com/phughes200/inbox

I have been told it could be Mepla. Looking at their web site, I
can't
find a hinge with the same hole pattern. Any ideas who made this
hinge
or sells one with the same hole pattern. Blum hinges use a different
hole pattern.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Depends on the age of the hinge. That picture seems to indicate
a pretty standard "clip top" Euro hinge, which at least a dozen
companies might make. The hole pattern is nothing special.

You can use almost any euro hinge with a 35mm hole and move on.

I wouldn't get hung up with Mepla, but if you can source them, use
Mepla. Blum, Salice, etc,etc would work fine...

wrote:

have kitchen cabinets that have European style hinges which I need
to replace. I am having trouble identifying the manufacturer, Does
anybody recognize this hinge brand?

http://www.pbase.com/phughes200/inbox

I have been told it could be Mepla. Looking at their web site, I
can't
find a hinge with the same hole pattern. Any ideas who made this
hinge
or sells one with the same hole pattern. Blum hinges use a different
hole pattern.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks. Based on the date code, the hinge was made in 1980. Most of
the hinges I have seen use the Blum footprint. No big deal but I was
tring to avoid drilling 80 new holes, If I have to, I will,

wrote:
have kitchen cabinets that have European style hinges which I need
to replace. I am having trouble identifying the manufacturer, Does
anybody recognize this hinge brand?

http://www.pbase.com/phughes200/inbox

I have been told it could be Mepla. Looking at their web site, I
can't
find a hinge with the same hole pattern. Any ideas who made this
hinge
or sells one with the same hole pattern. Blum hinges use a different
hole pattern.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
have kitchen cabinets that have European style hinges which I need
to replace. I am having trouble identifying the manufacturer, Does
anybody recognize this hinge brand?

http://www.pbase.com/phughes200/inbox

I have been told it could be Mepla. Looking at their web site, I
can't
find a hinge with the same hole pattern. Any ideas who made this
hinge
or sells one with the same hole pattern. Blum hinges use a different
hole pattern.

I believe Mepla hinges are made in China. In the picture it looks like
it says "Made in Austria". I'd look at the Grass hinges as I think
they're Austrian made.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

One comment on that:

Trying to screw a new hinge into an old hole might
or might not work. The screw holes have probably
"wallowed out" and using a new hole pattern might
be a better thing to do anyway.

wrote:
Thanks. Based on the date code, the hinge was made in 1980. Most of
the hinges I have seen use the Blum footprint. No big deal but I was
tring to avoid drilling 80 new holes, If I have to, I will,

Need help identifying hinge [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 25th 07 08:13 PM
What hinge should I use? DamnYankee Woodworking 4 April 5th 06 01:55 AM
Lid Hinge ENGLISH Woodworking 1 March 26th 05 01:42 PM
Is there a hinge like this? Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott Home Repair 33 December 20th 04 05:29 AM
Is there a hinge like this? dadiOH Woodworking 7 December 13th 04 04:33 PM