Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Top coat for outdoor stain??

I made a gothic bench from douglas fir and stained it. Assembly will
be made with wedged through tenons and tusked through tenons. I want to use
it outside on our deck and realize from other projects that polyurethane
doesn't quite hold up like I would want it to.
Would shellac give a lasting protection on stained fir? I was thinking
of a good quality car wax. At least that would not peel and I could apply
as needed.
Or, has anyone used something on the order of Thompson's waterseal on
outdoor furniture??

Barry