Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Proper Saw for flooring?

I am planning on putting in some laminate flooring very soon and also
needed something to do some cuts for building some shelving. I am
planning on putting in the DuPont laminate flooring.

I am just starting to build my collection of power tools (YEAH!). So I
thought I would ask the experts their opinion as to whether or not I
made the right decision.

I bought a Ridged 10" Compound Miter saw.

The decision for this is that for one the guy at HD said that the 10"
Miter would be enough to cut the flooring.
Second, I am doing 45 degree cuts and was looking for some accuracy. I
thought about a table saw, but felt that I would get better cuts with
the miter. Am I correct in this thought?

I have a feeling the Miter may not be enough for the flooring, am I
right? Is there an "All-In-One" tool that would be better for the
flooring, or was I right in purchasing the miter, but I will also have
to purchase something else?

Thanks!