Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth FrozenNorth is offline

Default Proper Saw for flooring?

J T took a can of maroon spray paint on October 22, 2007 05:11 pm and wrote
the following:

Mon, Oct 22, 2007, 8:16pm (EDT+4) (FrozenNorth)
pointed his maroon spray paint wrong, sprayed himself in the face, then
said:
Depends upon your flooring, I also own a Rigid 10" Miter Saw, just put
down a laminate floor this weekend, the 10" would not cut it at 90
degrees, never mind at 45, snip

Hehehe I got a new, $70, Harbor Freight 10" miter saw awhile
back. Some think they're low quality; however, it zips thru oak
flooring, any angle, no sweat. You got a carbide tip blade in your saw?
My saw came with one.

Carbide tip, problem was the boards were 8" wide, my 10" Ridgid CMS won't
cut that wide.
--
Lits Slut #9