Mark Walters

Default Natura engineered wooden flooring from Flooring Supplies - any experiences?

Hi,

I'm tempted by the Natura Oak Lima flooring available from Flooring
Services;

http://www.flooringsupplies.co.uk/br...&type=realwood

Has anyone used this, or similar stuff, and have any comments?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Alex

Yes used it in my living room,looks superb.Take care as it is easy to damage
the edge if you tap to hard.My floor was a glued version so i imagine theat
the woodloc will be even easier to lay.Paid roughly the same price a year
ago

Alex

Tony Eva

Mark Walters wrote:
Has anyone used this, or similar stuff, and have any comments?

I've used something similar recently and I'd just warn that the term
"with all the colour, structure and knot formations of oak" probably
means that there will be a wide variety of colours, grain patterns,
knots and suchlike - nothing like as uniform as the picture indicates.

Engineered flooring like this comes in several grades. The most
expensive grade will be selected to give a uniform, knot-free, even
appearance, and the cheapest will have all the left-overs... lots of
knots, streaks of pale and dark wood in the same board, different
shades, weird grain etc etc. At £29.95/sq m for the 1.8m lengths, and
from the description, I'd guess this is somewhere in the middle. The
usual sales term is "lively".

My flooring is Tahoma from Birbek -
http://www.birbek.com/mall/WoodFloor...ct-1303932.stm
(sorry if that wraps) - which I think is probably of a similar grade.
When I laid it I had to be little careful to put some of the boards at
the edges of the room. The overall finished effect is very nice and I'm
very happy with it, but it may not be what you are looking for.

HTH

--
Tony
quisquiliae

Mark Walters wrote:

I'm tempted by the Natura Oak Lima flooring available from Flooring
Services;
Has anyone used this, or similar stuff, and have any comments?

I have Kahrs Woodlock Oak London. A wide board rather than strips, which
emphasises the fascinating variety of grain pattern.

Supplied by 1926 Trading whose helpful sales and delivery by their own
van and driver I would heartily recommend.

http://www.1926trading.co.uk/

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"

Wooden flooring ? Dirksdonuts UK diy 3 November 6th 05 10:44 PM
Solid or engineered wooden floor CQMMAN UK diy 9 January 7th 05 10:20 AM
Solid or engineered wooden floor N. Thornton UK diy 0 January 4th 05 01:14 PM
Is Engineered Flooring Hard on Saw Blades LRod Woodworking 12 October 28th 04 12:41 PM
Cryntel engineered wood flooring cjm Home Ownership 1 July 21st 03 12:17 AM