Posted to rec.woodworking

Default cyclone dust collectors

i am about to buy a cyclone dust collector for my shop. Looking at
the Oneida 2hp Super Gorilla or the Penn State 2.5hp Tempest #1425S.
Can someone shed some light on which is better and why.
thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
i am about to buy a cyclone dust collector for my shop. Looking at
the Oneida 2hp Super Gorilla or the Penn State 2.5hp Tempest #1425S.
Can someone shed some light on which is better and why.
thanks

Without actually looking at the machines; Oneida has a good reputation and
PS makes crap.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
i am about to buy a cyclone dust collector for my shop. Looking at
the Oneida 2hp Super Gorilla or the Penn State 2.5hp Tempest #1425S.
Can someone shed some light on which is better and why.
thanks

On the recommendation of a friend in the local woodworkers club, I almost
bought the Penn State unit you mention .
I had some communication problems (long story) with the people at Penn State
and decided to get the Oneida unit.
A few months after I had completed installation of mine, I had a chance to
see my friends unit. No comparison.
I believe my unit is a much better quality collector.
My 2 cents.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message :
| i am about to buy a cyclone dust collector for my shop. Looking at
| the Oneida 2hp Super Gorilla or the Penn State 2.5hp Tempest #1425S.
| Can someone shed some light on which is better and why.
| thanks

Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida
Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida
Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida
Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida Oneida

I have a larger Oneida, but the Gorilla should work just fine. Top Quality
all the way with Oneida, and the design is better.

nuff said,
woodstuff

Posted to rec.woodworking

I bought the Clearvue and have been using it for almost a year. It is a
great machine. Service and installation help is unsurpassed.

Bob Heveri
wrote in message
ups.com...
i am about to buy a cyclone dust collector for my shop. Looking at
the Oneida 2hp Super Gorilla or the Penn State 2.5hp Tempest #1425S.
Can someone shed some light on which is better and why.
thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

Grizzly also has a good cyclone unit. I've heard bad about Penn State too.
Check out Bill Pentz's website. While he is miffed at all the big
corporations who, according to him, stole his design, he is very insightful
about dust collection. His unit is called a Clearvue and while it seems a
bit primitive apparently works very well. His website is
http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/ lots of good info.

--
Rich Harris
wrote in message
ups.com...
i am about to buy a cyclone dust collector for my shop. Looking at
the Oneida 2hp Super Gorilla or the Penn State 2.5hp Tempest #1425S.
Can someone shed some light on which is better and why.
thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:43:17 GMT, "Rich"
wrote:

Grizzly also has a good cyclone unit. I've heard bad about Penn State too.
Check out Bill Pentz's website. While he is miffed at all the big
corporations who, according to him, stole his design, he is very insightful
about dust collection. His unit is called a Clearvue and while it seems a
bit primitive apparently works very well. His website is
http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/ lots of good info.

I have a Penn State 1.5 HP DC. The plastic wheels fell off of it
after a year of use. I replaced the wheels with casters as havn't had
any more issues with it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Rich wrote:
His unit is called a Clearvue and while it seems a
bit primitive apparently works very well. His website is
http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/ lots of good info.

Actually, Bill doesn't sell the Clearvue. It's made and sold by Ed
Morgano, and a small royalty goes to Bill for the design.

Chris

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 14, 4:39 pm, wrote:
i am about to buy a cyclone dust collector for my shop. Looking at
the Oneida 2hp Super Gorilla or the Penn State 2.5hp Tempest #1425S.
Can someone shed some light on which is better and why.
thanks

I just saw an ad for a sale on Grizzly cyclone DCs this morning
(http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0443). Compared to the prices I have
been seeing for other cyclones, this looks like a pretty good deal.
Does anyone here have any experience with these?

Chuck

Dust collectors Howard Woodworking 8 March 16th 07 12:16 PM
Dust Collectors Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 2 May 2nd 06 06:20 PM
Dust collectors, considering 3 michael moorman Woodworking 18 May 31st 05 01:47 AM
For those with X10 on their Dust Collectors James \Cubby\ Culbertson Woodworking 14 October 29th 04 03:51 PM
What dust collectors are really for LP Woodworking 50 December 20th 03 04:43 PM