Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tallahassee, FL Lowes Clearance (50% off!) on Biesemeyer B6-30

I was at the North West Lowes in Tallahassee earlier today and saw
that they had the Biesemeyer B6-30 fence system for $200, 50% off
their price.

I don't know if any other stores have it at this price, but for
savings like this, it might be worth swinging by your local Lowes to
see. The cheapest I saw it elsewhere on the 'net is $377+shipping.

They had 3 on the shelf last I saw.

Does anyone here think it would be a good purchase for me to replace
the fence on my 35 year old 9" Delta contractor saw? $200 would go
pretty far toward a Ridgid TS3650, after all.

-Nathan

Posted to rec.woodworking

Does anyone here think it would be a good purchase for me to replace
the fence on my 35 year old 9" Delta contractor saw? $200 would go
pretty far toward a Ridgid TS3650, after all.

-Nathan

I bought my 9" (Beaver) Delta about 35 yrs ago too. I wish I had that
money now. It would sure buy a very fancy saw today.

As for buying the fence - think about a nice newer saw with a decent
fence.

Pete
Posted to rec.woodworking

Does your present fence position easily, lock down well, and stay in
alignment with the blade? If it does, then why are you considering a new
fence? If not, then this fence should help you and it's well worth the $200.

If your present fence already does all this and works fine then the only
improvement that you should make is to buy a digital fence gauge. Wixey
sells one for less than $200. www.wixey.com There are other brands
available, but this is the one that I have and I'm very happy with it. I can
re-position my fence using the Wixey gauge and get cuts that are accurate
and repeatable to about .005".

Charley

"N Hurst" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was at the North West Lowes in Tallahassee earlier today and saw
that they had the Biesemeyer B6-30 fence system for $200, 50% off
their price.

I don't know if any other stores have it at this price, but for
savings like this, it might be worth swinging by your local Lowes to
see. The cheapest I saw it elsewhere on the 'net is $377+shipping.

They had 3 on the shelf last I saw.

Does anyone here think it would be a good purchase for me to replace
the fence on my 35 year old 9" Delta contractor saw? $200 would go
pretty far toward a Ridgid TS3650, after all.

-Nathan

Posted to rec.woodworking

N Hurst wrote:

I was at the North West Lowes in Tallahassee earlier today and saw
that they had the Biesemeyer B6-30 fence system for $200, 50% off
their price.

I don't know if any other stores have it at this price, but for
savings like this, it might be worth swinging by your local Lowes to
see. The cheapest I saw it elsewhere on the 'net is $377+shipping.

They had 3 on the shelf last I saw.

Does anyone here think it would be a good purchase for me to replace
the fence on my 35 year old 9" Delta contractor saw? $200 would go
pretty far toward a Ridgid TS3650, after all.

-Nathan

$200.00 would go well toward the purchase of the TS3650. Why don't you buy
both? While the fence on the TS3650 isn't bad, it is not a Biesemeyer. I
own a TS 3650 WITH a Biesemeyer 40" fence. IMHO it is a much better system
than the TS3650 alone - especially it is only a $200.00 upgrade!!!

While it will be true that you will lose the ability to roll the TS around,
what you gain makes it SO worth it!!

Deb
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks everyone for the advice and responses.

I think I managed to wrangle a small gloat out of Lowes, though.

I got the 30" Unifence kit (36-U30) for $69.

They had the Bies kit for $80, but were out of stock. I got the last
Unifence in the store, and it was tucked away at the top of some
random shelf in the lumber section.

So yay! Now I get to try and figure out how it fits on my saw. :-)

-Nathan

Posted to rec.woodworking

N Hurst wrote:

I got the 30" Unifence kit (36-U30) for $69.

You suck! G

I'd like many of the Unifence features, even though I have a Biesemeyer.