Charlie Myers

Default Biesemeyer vs. HTC

Can anyone offer a comparison between:

Biesemeyer 30" Right 12" Left Commercial Fence (42" fence bar)
Amazon part #BC30W $299.99 (plus $94.99 for required right exension
table, plus $49.99 for the legs, minus $25 off qualifying tools through
end of year)....total $419.97

HTC Contractor Multi-Fence System with 30" Rails Amazon part #HTC830 $319.99

and

HTC Commercial Multi-Fence System with 30" Rails Amazon part #HTC930 $379.00

What I'm looking for are pros & cons of one versus the others, for
example ease of mounting to an older model unisaw, what might be
required to mount either of the HTC's to a unisaw, straightness &
reliability of the HTC's compared to the Biesemeyer, etc. as well as any
other opinions you may have on these fence systems.

Thanks,
Charlie
Leon

"Charlie Myers" wrote in message
[...]

I doubt that you will find many people that are qualified to compare both as
both will last a lifetime. I can say however that I have had and installed
the Jet on a former TS and did not need the legs and I built the right table
myself. You can save about $150 by leaving the legs off and building your
own table.

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:48:37 -0500, Charlie Myers
wrote:

Can anyone offer a comparison between:

Biesemeyer 30" Right 12" Left Commercial Fence (42" fence bar)
Amazon part #BC30W $299.99 (plus $94.99 for required right exension
table, plus $49.99 for the legs, minus $25 off qualifying tools through
end of year)....total $419.97

HTC Contractor Multi-Fence System with 30" Rails Amazon part #HTC830 $319.99

and

HTC Commercial Multi-Fence System with 30" Rails Amazon part #HTC930 $379.00

What I'm looking for are pros & cons of one versus the others, for
example ease of mounting to an older model unisaw, what might be
required to mount either of the HTC's to a unisaw, straightness &
reliability of the HTC's compared to the Biesemeyer, etc. as well as any
other opinions you may have on these fence systems.

Thanks,
Charlie

the HTC is a clone of the bies, with some differences. the sides are
removeable and it has a fine adjust mechanism. people who have it like
it. I have a bies and like that, but if I had an HTC I'd probably like
it too.

also look he
http://biesemeyer.com/specials/index.htm
Upscale

"Charlie Myers" wrote in message
Can anyone offer a comparison between:

Lee Valley Tools sells the HTC fence and accessories. It shows a breakdown
of parts and some close up pictures of this fence if you're considering
buying one.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...gory=1,41 080

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Not to change the subject but you might also consider the Vega fence. I
got the larger
version (50") from Amazon and with their no shipping and $25 off deal, it
was a pretty good buy.
Installed easily and so far, with limited use, it's been fantastic.
Cheers,
cc

[...]

Alan W

Not to change the subject but you might also consider the Vega fence. I
got the larger
version (50") from Amazon and with their no shipping and $25 off deal, it
was a pretty good buy.
Installed easily and so far, with limited use, it's been fantastic.
Cheers,
cc

I also have the large vega prosumer fence and I love it. The finger
saver device I use all the time.

Alan