Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bird mobiles

I am looking for plans for a bird mobile to make a present for new
granddaughter.
The sort I am looking for is of a single bird body in profile with wings
the attached and the whole lot balanced so that when you touch it the
body goes up and down giving the impression of wings flapping.

I have seen plenty in gift shops and have googled it for plans but not
found any.

All help gratefully received.

TIA
--
Max George
Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't have a suggestion for where to look for plans, although I'm sure
they're out there. Just a word of warning, having made a few of these in the
past to hang in the back yard. They're very impressive in the throes of a
gentle breeze - but when the wind kicks up to more than a few MPH, you'd
better run like hell to take them down, or you'll have a bunch of
double-amputees on your hands. Sounds like you may be talking about an
indoor application, which won't be a problem. In adition to being activated
by a breeze, they're also equipped with a pull string.

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dont have plans but a trick that might help. Cut out bird and assemble with
wings and weight. Balance bird. To do this I use two blocks cut into wedges
and blace the sharp edges under the birds wings and move them in and out
until the wings and body balance the way I want them to. Mark that point and
drill holes in wing for string. You now have a pattern.
"Max George" wrote in message
I am looking for plans for a bird mobile to make a present for new
granddaughter.
The sort I am looking for is of a single bird body in profile with wings
the attached and the whole lot balanced so that when you touch it the body
goes up and down giving the impression of wings flapping.

I have seen plenty in gift shops and have googled it for plans but not
found any.

All help gratefully received.

TIA
--
Max George

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 6, 4:23 pm, Max George
wrote:
I am looking for plans for a bird mobile to make a present for new
granddaughter.
The sort I am looking for is of a single bird body in profile with wings
I did a google search and found

http://www.australianexports.com.au/...ng_Plans_1.htm
http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/p...ex.php?cat=520
http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/p...utourplans.php

Posted to rec.woodworking

I am looking for plans for a bird mobile to make a present for new
granddaughter.

Google *bird mobile* and when the page comes up, click on *images*
This should give you a lot of ideas.

Smitty

Tips and Tricks . Discussion and interest around Computers & Mobiles for People who are Crazy Priyanka Home Repair 0 June 10th 07 07:19 PM
RSPB as a ProHunt group coming out of the closet Do Bird Reserves and Fox Hounds Mix? Help stop fox hunting on the RSPB's bird reserves Phil L UK diy 1 March 23rd 07 10:08 AM
OT - Bird Flu Revisited Cliff Metalworking 6 May 19th 06 12:46 PM
Bird Nesting Acquirer Home Repair 7 April 13th 05 06:08 AM
where to get a bird guard etc eric UK diy 4 September 14th 03 09:24 PM