Posted to rec.woodworking
sweet sawdust sweet sawdust is offline

Default Bird mobiles

Dont have plans but a trick that might help. Cut out bird and assemble with
wings and weight. Balance bird. To do this I use two blocks cut into wedges
and blace the sharp edges under the birds wings and move them in and out
until the wings and body balance the way I want them to. Mark that point and
drill holes in wing for string. You now have a pattern.
"Max George" wrote in message
I am looking for plans for a bird mobile to make a present for new
granddaughter.
The sort I am looking for is of a single bird body in profile with wings
the attached and the whole lot balanced so that when you touch it the body
goes up and down giving the impression of wings flapping.

I have seen plenty in gift shops and have googled it for plans but not
found any.

All help gratefully received.

TIA
--