Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RLK

Default Ryobi & Craftsman (newbie Q)

I guess my questions might sound weird - I'm an amateur and want to
redecorate my home by building shelves, simple cabinets, radiator covers and
installing crown molding by myself. The extent of my experience is putting
together pre-fab bookcases so I have a big learning curve ahead of me...

Questions regarding two cordless drill-drivers:

Ryobi HP1202M 12V
Craftsman 315.114600 14.4V

I understand Ryobi makes Craftsman drills. Does this fact make the Ryobi
line better in quality?

The release of the Ryobi switch trigger slows to a halt, whereas the
Craftsman seems to screech to a halt. If the extent of my work is building
wall-to-wall bookshelves (I suppose the only real woodworking I would do is
mitres), is there any preference for how this operates?

What else should I consider?

M akita or RYOBI Phil UK diy 37 March 9th 04 05:47 PM
craftsman lathes FS Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 0 January 6th 04 03:35 PM
Ryobi vs DeWalt cordless review Sam Hopkins Woodworking 8 September 11th 03 04:43 PM