Edwin Pawlowski

Default Ryobi & Craftsman (newbie Q)

"RLK" wrote in message
Questions regarding two cordless drill-drivers:

Ryobi HP1202M 12V
Craftsman 315.114600 14.4V

I understand Ryobi makes Craftsman drills. Does this fact make the Ryobi
line better in quality?

The release of the Ryobi switch trigger slows to a halt, whereas the
Craftsman seems to screech to a halt.

These are good choices for your needs. I have a 14.4 Ryobi (similar to
Craftsman) and I'm very satisfied with the performance. You can buy bigger,
better, more powerful. drills, but they get heavier and harder to handle.
The electric brake on the 14.4 is a nice feature.

When I bought my drill, I set out to buy an 18V. After handling it, I
decided the 14.4 was better for me. If I was a pro drilling or screwing all
day, I'd go for a Bosch, Milwaukee, or Panasonic. I'm not so I save a lot
of money and have a lighter drill that does the job.
Ed