Herman Family

Default Poly

It is more than likely good. I've also found that somewhat dried out but
still gooey poly is terrific for thick coatings on exterior fenceposts.

Michael

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

Anyone know if 1 year old minwax poly that was out in a garage
is still good? It was opened once or twice and it was subjected to

freezing
temps since the garage isnt heated.

Thanks,

Sam

Lewis Dodd

Easy answer....What is the cost of the poly and what is the value of what
you want to use it on?

Regards,
Lewis

--
The price of gas in Texas has gone so high that women who want to run over

their husbands have started carpooling.

"George" wrote in message
Not for me, especially if it had been opened.

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

Anyone know if 1 year old minwax poly that was out in a

garage
is still good? It was opened once or twice and it was subjected to

freezing
temps since the garage isnt heated.

B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:58:11 -0400, "Sam Hopkins"
wrote:

Hi All,

Anyone know if 1 year old minwax poly that was out in a garage
is still good? It was opened once or twice and it was subjected to freezing
temps since the garage isnt heated.

Test ANY questionable finish material on scrap.

Barry

Silvan

Lewis Dodd wrote:

Easy answer....What is the cost of the poly and what is the value of what
you want to use it on?

Yeah, that's a very good and fair answer.

I would say for some snazzy something I just spent two weeks building, no
way. For a walking stick, it's probably still good. I've used pre-opened
poly a lot older than that in situations where the quality of the finish
wasn't that important.

So if it were me, I wouldn't just toss it. Then again, I'm a cheapskate,
and a pack rat. I never throw away anything I might conceivably use for
something some day.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17690 Approximate word count: 530700