Tom Watson

Default Making Life Better For The Bushoisie WAS - OT NEVER Forget!!!

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:19:12 -0500, Phil wrote:

Ok, Tom enlighten me, specifics on:

1. Raping and Pilaging
2. Damage to the enviornment
3. Impact on social structure

http://www.washingtonpost.com/

http://www.nytimes.com/

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/crecord/

Regards, Tom
Tom Watson - Woodworker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
brian hughes

Default OT NEVER Forget!!!

And don't forget his questionable activities during the S&L crisis.

??? Is Neil Bush = George W. Bush?

But I wonder if we can blame the Republicans for George? After all, the
last president from Texas was LBJ. Maybe it's the water (or the oil) .

??? George H.W. Bush wasn't a citizen of TX?

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

I guess when President Clinton ordered the bombing of Baghdad during his
impeachment hearings a few years back (the reason given was to rid Sadam of
WMD), the military must have destroyed them all!

brian hughes

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message
om...
"brian hughes" wrote in message

ink.net...

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

I guess when President Clinton ordered the bombing of Baghdad during his
impeachment hearings a few years back (the reason given was to rid Sadam

of
WMD), the military must have destroyed them all!

If you mean the cruise missiles that were launched on Aug 20 during
Lewinskygate, those missiles were launched at the Sudan and
Afghanistan, not Iraq. See
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/...api/index.html

No, just like I said, I mean the bombing campaign ordered by Clinton for not
destroying his WMD. This bombing campaign was conducted over Baghdad during
his impeachment hearings. These bombing raids started on 17 Dec 98 and
continuing on for about 4 days. The weapon delivery systems were mostly
aircraft, included B-1s (first combat sorties ever for the Lancer). Don't
you remember little Dickey Gephart standing on the capital steps saying "How
can we be holding these hearings [impeachment] when our servicemen are in
danger?"

brian hughes

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message
om...
"brian hughes" wrote in message

ink.net...

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

I guess when President Clinton ordered the bombing of Baghdad during his
impeachment hearings a few years back (the reason given was to rid Sadam

of
WMD), the military must have destroyed them all!

If you mean the cruise missiles that were launched on Aug 20 during
Lewinskygate, those missiles were launched at the Sudan and
Afghanistan, not Iraq. See
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/...api/index.html

An interesting read, especially in the context of what Bin Laden did
after those missiles failed to knock him out.

Yep, too bad those cruise missiles didn't take them out. Anyway, let me
re-submit my last post for clarification.

No, just like I said, I mean the bombing campaign ordered by Clinton to
punish Sadam for not destroying his WMD (that was the reason given for the
bombing campaign). This bombing campaign was conducted over Baghdad during
Clinton's impeachment hearings. The bombing raids started on 17 Dec 98 and
continued for about 4 days (nights mostly). The weapon delivery systems
were mostly aircraft, even included the B-1s (I believe these were the first
combat sorties ever flown by B1-B Lancers). Don't you remember little
Dickey Gephart standing on the capital steps saying "How can we be holding
these hearings [impeachment] when our servicemen are in danger?"

Mark & Juanita

Tom Watson wrote:

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:19:12 -0500, Phil wrote:

Ok, Tom enlighten me, specifics on:

1. Raping and Pilaging
2. Damage to the enviornment
3. Impact on social structure

http://www.washingtonpost.com/

http://www.nytimes.com/

Giving such a biased and unrealiable source of information as the New
York Times just really doesn't cut it.

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/crecord/

Andrew Barss

todd wrote:

: I see. So preemptive attacks are OK?

According to the Bush Doctrine, yes. For the first time in American history.
And the Al Quaeda attacks of 9/11 were justified on exactly the same grounds.

So, Bush is on the same moral ground as the 9/11 attackers. Nice!

-- Andy Barss

Doug Winterburn

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 06:15:08 +0000, Andrew Barss wrote:

todd wrote:

: I see. So preemptive attacks are OK?

According to the Bush Doctrine, yes. For the first time in American history.
And the Al Quaeda attacks of 9/11 were justified on exactly the same grounds.

So, Bush is on the same moral ground as the 9/11 attackers. Nice!

Who was it who preemptively sent a Tomahawk missile into an aspirin
factory?

-Doug

Todd

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message
todd wrote:

: I see. So preemptive attacks are OK?

According to the Bush Doctrine, yes. For the first time in American

history.
And the Al Quaeda attacks of 9/11 were justified on exactly the same

grounds.

So, Bush is on the same moral ground as the 9/11 attackers. Nice!

-- Andy Barss

If you equate the deliberate murder of 3000 innocent people with the ouster
of a brutal dictator, then, yes, that would be the same moral ground. I
guess you see them as the same thing. You make it sound like Saddam has
been sitting around for the past 12 years minding his own business. I don't
even consider what we did in Iraq to be preemptive. The first Iraq war
ended based on a number of agreements that Iraq made. Iraq didn't live up
to their agreements, and a resumption of hostilities ensued.

todd

Doug Miller

In article , "Todd" wrote:

If you equate the deliberate murder of 3000 innocent people with the ouster
of a brutal dictator, then, yes, that would be the same moral ground. I
guess you see them as the same thing. You make it sound like Saddam has
been sitting around for the past 12 years minding his own business. I don't
even consider what we did in Iraq to be preemptive. The first Iraq war
ended based on a number of agreements that Iraq made. Iraq didn't live up
to their agreements, and a resumption of hostilities ensued.

Just one minor nit to pick: the "first" Iraq war never ended. There was a
cease-fire agreement, but no surrender. Hence your reference to "resumption of
hostilities" is entirely correct, and the "first" Iraq war continued.

--
Regards,

Andrew Barss

CW wrote:
: The UN has a long history of not doing anything about anything.

Hmmm. Wasn't it a UN coalition that threw Hussein out of Kuwait?

When they do
: decide to do something, it's always "hey US, take care of this ".

Yawn.

: There was
: nothing preemptive about Iraq. It was enforcement.

No, it wasn't. Enforcement of what, exactly? The UN resolutions?
The US can't enforce a UN resolution. Only the UN can.

-- Andy Barss

CW

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message

No, it wasn't. Enforcement of what, exactly?

Enforcement of the cease fire agreements. Try to Keep up Andy.

The US can't enforce a UN resolution. Only the UN can.

I think Sadaam might disagree with you.

Now, about that $50.00...

Doug Miller

In article , Andrew Barss wrote:
CW wrote:
: The UN has a long history of not doing anything about anything.

Hmmm. Wasn't it a UN coalition that threw Hussein out of Kuwait?

When they do
: decide to do something, it's always "hey US, take care of this ".

Yawn.

: There was
: nothing preemptive about Iraq. It was enforcement.

No, it wasn't. Enforcement of what, exactly? The UN resolutions?
The US can't enforce a UN resolution. Only the UN can.

Obviously incorrect, on many grounds.

1) The UN has no armed force with which it can enforce anything. UN forces are
contributed by its member nations, and it is by the armed forces of the
individual member nations that UN resolutions can be enforced.

2) The UN has repeatedly demonstrated its total inability to enforce anything.
This was most recently evident with respect to the multiple resolutions which
followed the 1991 Gulf War cease-fire.

3) The US obviously can, and did, enforce those resolutions.

--
Regards,