Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Kinda OT - Need Some Inspiration

I just got my third paper shredder. The first one ran me aound
$40, plain wore out. The second just over $30, better than the first,
but a few blades got bent, now it clogs with paper, and barely shreds.
The latest cost $22, and is better than either of the first two. All
cross-cut by the way, vastly more security then a simple shredder.

The second one still runs great, just doesn't shred worth a damn any
more. Which means I hate to just dump it, but can't think of any thing
I could use it for. I look at it, and it at the edge of my it "seems"
like there's "someting" I could convet it to, but it doesn't quite get
there. The wood connection is because I feel like I could use it for
"something" out in the shop. My mind is just a blank on this one.

Any usable ideas? Or do I just dump it?

JOAT
If a man does his best, what else is there?
- General George S. Patton

Posted to rec.woodworking

Have you been lubricating your shredders?
They need it occasionally.

I just squirt a little WD in mine now and then but you can buy lubricatioin
sheets for them at your local office supply place.

Kate

"J T" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"something" out in the shop. My mind is just a blank on this one.

Any usable ideas? Or do I just dump it?

Use it to run your grapes through to make some wine. It would be more
modern than stomping them.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

The faster you go, the shorter you
are. --Einstein

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message

I just got my third paper shredder. The first one ran me aound
$40, plain wore out. The second just over $30, better than the first,
but a few blades got bent, now it clogs with paper, and barely shreds.
The latest cost $22, and is better than either of the first two.

Given the rate of change, I'm waiting until next year when they give me $10
to take the shredder home. By the time I'm ready to retire, they will be
giving me $40 each.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:

| Any usable ideas? Or do I just dump it?