Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default drywalling shop

I need to get some kind of interior finish on my shop walls now that they're
insulated, and I can't come up with a better idea than drywall. I'm going
to do this myself, probably with a helper who will probably know less about
hanging drywall than I do (which isn't much...the white side faces out,
right? ;-). Anyway, it appears that the recommended way to do this is to do
the ceiling first, then hang the walls with the drywall parallel to the
floor starting at the ceiling and working down. However, to get this thing
going, I'd rather do the walls first. Then I would run the electric surface
mounted on the drywall. At some later date, I would drywall the ceiling.
My main question is: how big of a deal is doing the ceiling after the walls?
Also, it would be way easier in my mind to hang the drywall vertically
(parallel to the studs) rather than horizontally. For this application,
would it be OK? I'm open to any other constructive comments regarding this
plan.

todd

Drywalling closet cas Home Repair 4 May 16th 07 01:02 AM
Drywalling tools Eigenvector Home Repair 12 January 14th 07 08:37 PM
amatuer drywalling highflyr Home Repair 17 November 14th 06 01:14 PM
Drywalling Question SteveC Home Repair 14 October 14th 06 12:39 PM
drywalling 127.0.0.1 Home Repair 7 March 22nd 05 06:05 AM