Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thanks Charlieb for the Waxilit tip

A few days ago Charlieb brought to our attention a product that helps aid in
the clean up process after gluing up a project. Waxilit works very well and
performed very well on a project that I was working on today. I joined some
oak together but the boards had rounded over edges which literally creates a
"V" shaped crack all along the joint line. Typically glue squeeze out would
be next to impossible to get out.

With the Waxilit applied prior to glue up I was able to easily clean out the
grove as per a picture that I posted on a.b.p.w.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Peter Huebner" wrote in message
t...
Waxilit applied prior to glue up I was able to easily clean out the
grove as per a picture that I posted on a.b.p.w.

White paste, in a sort of shoe-polish tin? I used to use that years ago,
before
I ever heard of top-cote, on my planer and bandsaw tables.
The old folks used to send it in parcels from Germany ... never knew it
has
other uses. Amazed that it should still be around, in fact.

I put some on the corner of my TS top and did not see an improvement over
TopCote but used as a glue release it is very good.

Funny you should mention shoe polish tin. I did see it offered in the size
container. My container is a 1/2 pint and does smell exactly like the old
shoe polishes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

"Peter Huebner" wrote in message
t...
Waxilit applied prior to glue up I was able to easily clean out the
grove as per a picture that I posted on a.b.p.w.

White paste, in a sort of shoe-polish tin? I used to use that years ago,
before
I ever heard of top-cote, on my planer and bandsaw tables.
The old folks used to send it in parcels from Germany ... never knew it
has
other uses. Amazed that it should still be around, in fact.

I put some on the corner of my TS top and did not see an improvement over
TopCote but used as a glue release it is very good.

Funny you should mention shoe polish tin. I did see it offered in the
size container. My container is a 1/2 pint and does smell exactly like
the old shoe polishes.

What about buying a neutral tin of Kiwi shoe polish and using it?
When I was in the Air Force years ago we had to polish the barracks floor
using Kiwi black polish and then we had to buff the floor with our bed
blankets.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote in message
news
What about buying a neutral tin of Kiwi shoe polish and using it?
When I was in the Air Force years ago we had to polish the barracks floor
using Kiwi black polish and then we had to buff the floor with our bed
blankets.

Waxilit is very soft and is easily applied in corners and cracks. It dries
to an opaque white making it easy to see for removal.