Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner Peter Huebner is offline

Default Thanks Charlieb for the Waxilit tip

In article ,
says...

A few days ago Charlieb brought to our attention a product that helps aid in
the clean up process after gluing up a project. Waxilit works very well and
performed very well on a project that I was working on today. I joined some
oak together but the boards had rounded over edges which literally creates a
"V" shaped crack all along the joint line. Typically glue squeeze out would
be next to impossible to get out.

With the Waxilit applied prior to glue up I was able to easily clean out the
grove as per a picture that I posted on a.b.p.w.

White paste, in a sort of shoe-polish tin? I used to use that years ago, before
I ever heard of top-cote, on my planer and bandsaw tables.
The old folks used to send it in parcels from Germany ... never knew it has
other uses. Amazed that it should still be around, in fact.

-P.