Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Thanks Charlieb for the Waxilit tip

"Peter Huebner" wrote in message
t...
Waxilit applied prior to glue up I was able to easily clean out the
grove as per a picture that I posted on a.b.p.w.

White paste, in a sort of shoe-polish tin? I used to use that years ago,
before
I ever heard of top-cote, on my planer and bandsaw tables.
The old folks used to send it in parcels from Germany ... never knew it
has
other uses. Amazed that it should still be around, in fact.

I put some on the corner of my TS top and did not see an improvement over
TopCote but used as a glue release it is very good.

Funny you should mention shoe polish tin. I did see it offered in the size
container. My container is a 1/2 pint and does smell exactly like the old
shoe polishes.