Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Filling knot holes

I just made myself a bathroom vanity out
of knotty alder. Some of the knots have a small
crack in them. Other knots are missing even more
of the wood. Just wondering if it was ok to
leave them as they are or is it necessary to fill
them? I did fill one of them with wood filler. I
like the way some of them look the way they are.
Is there something else I could put in the holes?
Maybe some kind of clear sealer or glue?

patching veneer sheet grain/knot holes TimR Woodworking 0 October 4th 06 10:07 PM
Filling Holes J T Woodworking 0 August 24th 06 08:48 PM
What to fill knot holes with? Toller Woodworking 28 December 8th 05 10:37 PM
Filling worm holes Prometheus Woodturning 14 June 10th 05 10:27 AM
Knot holes bleed through painted fascia boards Ray K Home Repair 6 July 22nd 04 01:40 AM