Elmar

Default Harbor Freight Table Saw Question

I am considering this saw:

I understand the the downfall of most saws is their fence and their
power. This saw seems to have adequate power and I was considering
the fence from www.mulecab.com Seems like a good fence system for the
money.

I don't want to start ANOTHER HF bashing thread, so unless you have
experience with the actual saw I am referencing, you need not reply.
As a few of the others here on the board, I have bought some things
from HF that are fabulous deals and well worth the money.

You should hear all the people whine when I tell them that I learned
how to set up my HF band saw from looking at the Grizzly's and the
Rigid. They are nearly IDENTICAL and since they are ALL made in
Taiwan, I wonder what the chances are they come from the SAME company
with a different paint job!!! LOL!!
Edwin Pawlowski

"Elmar" wrote in message
om...
I am considering this saw:

I understand the the downfall of most saws is their fence and their
power. This saw seems to have adequate power

I don't have experience with that particular saw, but, I do have experience
using a calculator. It is not 3 HP.
Ed

Traves W. Coppock

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:32:43 -0500, "Greg O"
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

Sure it is, but it is "Sears" HP, in reality about 1-1/2 HP.
Greg

hehe, im an owner of one of the "peak developed" sears beauty's, and i
love it...but even 1.5hp is being generous
Pinwu Xu

Go to http://www.forums.woodnet.net, then the "Woodworking tools" board,
do a search of the "46813" for the past year. You'll then find
review/comments from those who's got hands-on experience w/ this saw.
Hope this helps.

Pinwu

Elmar wrote:
I am considering this saw:

I understand the the downfall of most saws is their fence and their
power. This saw seems to have adequate power and I was considering
the fence from www.mulecab.com Seems like a good fence system for the
money.

I don't want to start ANOTHER HF bashing thread, so unless you have
experience with the actual saw I am referencing, you need not reply.
As a few of the others here on the board, I have bought some things
from HF that are fabulous deals and well worth the money.

You should hear all the people whine when I tell them that I learned
how to set up my HF band saw from looking at the Grizzly's and the
Rigid. They are nearly IDENTICAL and since they are ALL made in
Taiwan, I wonder what the chances are they come from the SAME company
with a different paint job!!! LOL!!

Elmar

What would be a good SMALLER saw to bolt on an aftermarket fence and
crosscut sled to?

I don't want to spend $5-700 on a saw I am only going to strip down.

Elmar

Pinwu Xu wrote in message ...
Go to http://www.forums.woodnet.net, then the "Woodworking tools" board,
do a search of the "46813" for the past year. You'll then find
review/comments from those who's got hands-on experience w/ this saw.
Hope this helps.

Pinwu

Thank you VERY much Pinwu. I found that site very helpful!! Seems if
you mention HF around here you are blasted with all the "Pros" here
with their $1500+ table saws.

I found people that actually USED the saw!!!!