Dave Adams

Default Table for Bridgeport?

I recently had given to me, (practically) a well used Bridgport mill
minus the table. The owner took the table for use on a custom built
production machine. It's a series 1, w/ a 2J2 variable speed head.

What are the chances of finding a table for it? Where do I start
looking? I've been searching on Ebay for a few weeks and haven't seen
one come up. I'm guessing that it's not too often table and mill go
separate ways, but maybe if someone's parting one out....

Wayne

Where do you live? I looked at a 2j the other day its a bit rusty but I am
sure it could be had for cheap. I live in Connecticut

Backlash

Friend of mine in Eastern North Carolina has one. I think it's a 42". Been
out in the weather, though. If it's close enough for you, I'll give you his
number.

RJ

--
"You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me, instead of you."

"Dave Adams" wrote in message

I recently had given to me, (practically) a well used Bridgport mill
minus the table. The owner took the table for use on a custom built
production machine. It's a series 1, w/ a 2J2 variable speed head.

What are the chances of finding a table for it? Where do I start
looking? I've been searching on Ebay for a few weeks and haven't seen
one come up. I'm guessing that it's not too often table and mill go
separate ways, but maybe if someone's parting one out....

Mawdeeb

Contact this seller:

http://stores.ebay.com/G-and-G-MACHINERY

I have done business with him for years and know he sells new and
recondition bases for bridgeports. He does not have any listed currently
but he is also in the middle of a move of his operation. Give him a
call or email.

Regards

Jim Vrzal

Dave Adams wrote:
I recently had given to me, (practically) a well used Bridgport mill
minus the table. The owner took the table for use on a custom built
production machine. It's a series 1, w/ a 2J2 variable speed head.

What are the chances of finding a table for it? Where do I start
looking? I've been searching on Ebay for a few weeks and haven't seen
one come up. I'm guessing that it's not too often table and mill go
separate ways, but maybe if someone's parting one out....

Mark McGrath

Dave Adams wrote in message . ..
I recently had given to me, (practically) a well used Bridgport mill
minus the table. The owner took the table for use on a custom built
production machine. It's a series 1, w/ a 2J2 variable speed head.

What are the chances of finding a table for it? Where do I start
looking? I've been searching on Ebay for a few weeks and haven't seen
one come up. I'm guessing that it's not too often table and mill go
separate ways, but maybe if someone's parting one out..

I`ve got a Bridgie minus head sitting in the yard.You can have it for
nothing if you can collect.It`s in Bonnie Scotland (G)
regards,Mark.

Wayne

Wow his prices are up there.

Peter Reilley

"Dave Adams" wrote in message

I recently had given to me, (practically) a well used Bridgport mill
minus the table. The owner took the table for use on a custom built
production machine. It's a series 1, w/ a 2J2 variable speed head.

What are the chances of finding a table for it? Where do I start
looking? I've been searching on Ebay for a few weeks and haven't seen
one come up. I'm guessing that it's not too often table and mill go
separate ways, but maybe if someone's parting one out....

I know that these guys have some tables, I have seen them.

http://www.brothersmachinery.com/

Pete.

Dave Adams

Thanks to everyone for the info.

I should have mentioned my location:
San Francisco Bay Area

Shipping something of that size and weight might be prohibitvely
expensive for me, but I'd consider it if the price was right.

I guess it'd be better if I could find something here in California or
at least western states where I could pick it up.

How much does a Bridgeport table weigh?

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:36:35 -0400, "Backlash"
wrote:

Friend of mine in Eastern North Carolina has one. I think it's a 42". Been
out in the weather, though. If it's close enough for you, I'll give you his
number.

RJ

ispcom

Have you checked enco for a table?

Jack

Richard J Kinch

Dave Adams writes:

How much does a Bridgeport table weigh?

My 9x42 table (bare, no screws or bearing brackets) weighs 215 lbs. The
bare saddle, 92 lbs.

Gunner

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:22:31 GMT, Dave Adams
wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the info.

I should have mentioned my location:
San Francisco Bay Area

Shipping something of that size and weight might be prohibitvely
expensive for me, but I'd consider it if the price was right.

I guess it'd be better if I could find something here in California or
at least western states where I could pick it up.

I think I can come up with about 4 of them.

Call Tho Ngyen at PT Engineering
714-850-1266

Tell him Mark the Cowboy refered you.

Located in Santa Ana, California

Gunner

wrote:

Friend of mine in Eastern North Carolina has one. I think it's a 42". Been
out in the weather, though. If it's close enough for you, I'll give you his
number.

RJ

"The American political system is like a gigantic Mexican Christmas fiesta.
Each political party is a huge pinata -- a papier-mache donkey, for example.
The donkey is filled with full employment, low interest rates, affordable housing,
comprehensive medical benefits, a balanced budge and other goodies.
The American voter is blindfoled and given a stick. The voter then swings
the stick wildly in every direction, trying to hit a political candidate
on the head and knock some sense into the silly *******." - P.J. O'Rourke, "Parliament of Whores"
John Sullivan

Try contacting used machinery dealers in your area. I know the one near me
usually has tables and other large items (heads, rams, etc.) that have been
saved from machines that were otherwise not saleable (or incomplete on
arrival) for them.

"Dave Adams" wrote in message

I recently had given to me, (practically) a well used Bridgport mill
minus the table. The owner took the table for use on a custom built
production machine. It's a series 1, w/ a 2J2 variable speed head.

What are the chances of finding a table for it? Where do I start
looking? I've been searching on Ebay for a few weeks and haven't seen
one come up. I'm guessing that it's not too often table and mill go
separate ways, but maybe if someone's parting one out....

John Sullivan

They are good folks to deal with, but a bit far for someone in the "San
Francisco Bay Area" such as the OP. I bet the shipping would be a killer on
a Bridgeport table cross-country.

"Peter Reilley" wrote in message

"Dave Adams" wrote in message

I recently had given to me, (practically) a well used Bridgport mill
minus the table. The owner took the table for use on a custom built
production machine. It's a series 1, w/ a 2J2 variable speed head.

What are the chances of finding a table for it? Where do I start
looking? I've been searching on Ebay for a few weeks and haven't seen
one come up. I'm guessing that it's not too often table and mill go
separate ways, but maybe if someone's parting one out....

I know that these guys have some tables, I have seen them.

http://www.brothersmachinery.com/

Pete.

Peter Reilley

There is exactly what you want on ebay now;

Pete.

"Dave Adams" wrote in message

I recently had given to me, (practically) a well used Bridgport mill
minus the table. The owner took the table for use on a custom built
production machine. It's a series 1, w/ a 2J2 variable speed head.

What are the chances of finding a table for it? Where do I start
looking? I've been searching on Ebay for a few weeks and haven't seen
one come up. I'm guessing that it's not too often table and mill go
separate ways, but maybe if someone's parting one out....

I know that these guys have some tables, I have seen them.

http://www.brothersmachinery.com/

Pete.

Making a flat strong collapsing table Apteryx UK diy 3 July 21st 04 01:29 AM
Table Tennis table top roger UK diy 4 March 31st 04 10:53 AM
Re-vitalizing an X-Y table Mike S. Metalworking 5 October 13th 03 08:51 PM