Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Swingman's table saw taper jig

I am interested in building the taper jig shown on the
http://www.e-woodshop.net/Jigs.htm page.
The text says that the idea came from FWW 2005 "Power Tools" issue. I am a
subscriber to FWW and I can not find such an issue. There are annual "Tools
and Shops" issues but I can not find the tapering jig in any of them.

I have the feeling that I have seen the original article and I never throw
magazines out, but they do sometimes hide from me. Perhaps I saw it in
magazine which I don't subscribe to.

I would appreciate any help in identifying the magazine issue in which this
article appeared more exactly.

Cheers,

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 12, 11:33 pm, Larry Spitz wrote:
I am interested in building the taper jig shown on thehttp://www.e-woodshop.net/Jigs.htmpage.
The text says that the idea came from FWW 2005 "Power Tools" issue. I am a
subscriber to FWW and I can not find such an issue. There are annual "Tools
and Shops" issues but I can not find the tapering jig in any of them.

I have the feeling that I have seen the original article and I never throw
magazines out, but they do sometimes hide from me. Perhaps I saw it in
magazine which I don't subscribe to.

I would appreciate any help in identifying the magazine issue in which this
article appeared more exactly.

Cheers,

Larry

Larry ,First time to post here so I think I've sent the Info.as a
direct reply to you. In case anyone else is interested it's Issue No.
178 July/Aug.2005 page 46 FWW Regds. Boysie

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

I don't mean to be critical here but what do you need plans for? The two
pictures on the site should be plenty.

"Larry Spitz" wrote in message

Thanks, but that is a different taper jig. I am looking for one with the
eccentric circular disk that gives very precise control of the taper angle
as on the e-woodwork web page.

Still looking.

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Spitz" wrote in message
I am interested in building the taper jig shown on the
http://www.e-woodshop.net/Jigs.htm page.
The text says that the idea came from FWW 2005 "Power Tools" issue. I am a
subscriber to FWW and I can not find such an issue. There are annual

"Tools
and Shops" issues but I can not find the tapering jig in any of them.

I have the feeling that I have seen the original article and I never throw
magazines out, but they do sometimes hide from me. Perhaps I saw it in
magazine which I don't subscribe to.

I would appreciate any help in identifying the magazine issue in which

this
article appeared more exactly.

I'm sure I have the magazine somewhere and will try to dig it out. ITMT, I
will be glad to take some more pictures of it, from different angles, if you
think it would help.

Let me know ... the e-mail below works.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Spitz" wrote in message
I am interested in building the taper jig shown on the
http://www.e-woodshop.net/Jigs.htm page.
The text says that the idea came from FWW 2005 "Power Tools" issue. I am a
subscriber to FWW and I can not find such an issue. There are annual

"Tools
and Shops" issues but I can not find the tapering jig in any of them.

I have the feeling that I have seen the original article and I never throw
magazines out, but they do sometimes hide from me. Perhaps I saw it in
magazine which I don't subscribe to.

I would appreciate any help in identifying the magazine issue in which

this
article appeared more exactly.

Found it ... Pg 110, "The Best of Fine Woodworking" - Power Tool Techniques
2005.

No date, but it says on the cover "display until September 30, 2005.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

Found it ... Pg 110, "The Best of Fine Woodworking" - Power Tool

Techniques
2005.

No date, but it says on the cover "display until September 30, 2005.

Here you go:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...es/017002.asp?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/13/07 3:24 AM, "Swingman" wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

Found it ... Pg 110, "The Best of Fine Woodworking" - Power Tool

Techniques
2005.

No date, but it says on the cover "display until September 30, 2005.

Here you go:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...es/017002.asp?

Notice that it says "Newsstand-only Publication." In other words, it is not
part of the normal magazine subscription. FWW puts out a number of these
that cover specific topics.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The special publications put out by FWW are just reprinted collections of
magazine atricles.

Check out: Fine Woodworking Magazine, June 2002 No. 156
"Adjustable Jig for Cutting Tapers" by David Hastings

Enjoy,

Myx

"Larry Spitz" wrote in message
I am interested in building the taper jig shown on the
http://www.e-woodshop.net/Jigs.htm page.
The text says that the idea came from FWW 2005 "Power Tools" issue. I am a
subscriber to FWW and I can not find such an issue. There are annual
"Tools
and Shops" issues but I can not find the tapering jig in any of them.

I have the feeling that I have seen the original article and I never throw
magazines out, but they do sometimes hide from me. Perhaps I saw it in
magazine which I don't subscribe to.

I would appreciate any help in identifying the magazine issue in which
this
article appeared more exactly.

Cheers,

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

Myxylplyk wrote:

The special publications put out by FWW are just reprinted collections of
magazine atricles.

Check out: Fine Woodworking Magazine, June 2002 No. 156
"Adjustable Jig for Cutting Tapers" by David Hastings

Thanks for that. Now I have it. I hadn't gone back that far in my
collection.

Also Swingman generously sent me a scanned copy.

I'm happy now. Thanks to all.

Larry

Taper jig?? Jimmy Woodworking 5 January 2nd 07 05:49 AM
Taper Jig [email protected] Woodworking 10 June 19th 06 07:30 PM
Taper Jig in Fine Woodworking Never Enough Money Woodworking 6 June 21st 05 11:09 PM
2 Morse taper extender to 3 taper, then 1 inch threading die holder Doug Goncz Metalworking 5 October 21st 03 12:00 PM