Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS JGS is offline

Default How to remove Stair Tread Nosing?

Hi,

I am laying a laminate floor for a friend. I need to do about 6 steps too.
In order to install the material on the steps, I need to remove the tread
nosing flush with the riser.

The nosing is about 1.5"thick by 1.5" deep. Any ideas?

The treads extent into the walls therefore I cannot just remove the tread to
do the job.

Thanks, JG

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 1, 10:57 am, "JGS" wrote:
Hi,

I am laying a laminate floor for a friend. I need to do about 6 steps too.
In order to install the material on the steps, I need to remove the tread
nosing flush with the riser.

The nosing is about 1.5"thick by 1.5" deep. Any ideas?

The treads extent into the walls therefore I cannot just remove the tread to
do the job.

Thanks, JG

Are you sure you want to take 1.5" off the stair tread? How wide will
they be after you do this? Just curious.

Posted to rec.woodworking

JGS wrote:
Hi,

I am laying a laminate floor for a friend. I need to do about 6 steps too.
In order to install the material on the steps, I need to remove the tread
nosing flush with the riser.

I'd rough cut it with a jigsaw, finishing with a bearing guided router bit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

how bout a nose trimmer?

Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS JGS is offline

good one! 8 ) JG

"Ross Hebeisen" wrote in message
how bout a nose trimmer?

Posted to rec.woodworking

How about a router and a trim bit with a bearing on the bottom riding
against the riser. You can finish off
where they extend into the wall with a saw of SHARP chisel.

Ted