Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default HOMEMADE SHAPER - PDF

http://www.vintageprojects.com/power...aperrouter.pdf

I'm not sure if I'd care to try making one of these or not. I'm
sure I could make one, but one of the benefits of buying one store
bought you've got somone to sue if the bit flies out - hard to sue
yourself. Some things with wirley parts I've got no problems with
making one, table saw for instance, but I just don't think so on
something like this. But that's just me.

JOAT
If you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter.
- W.S. Lind

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.vintageprojects.com/power...aperrouter.pdf

I'm not sure if I'd care to try making one of these or not. I'm
sure I could make one, but one of the benefits of buying one store
bought you've got somone to sue if the bit flies out - hard to sue
yourself. Some things with wirley parts I've got no problems with
making one, table saw for instance, but I just don't think so on
something like this. But that's just me.

I dunno. That thing looks like it's got "HOSPITAL STAY" written all over
it.
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 25, 3:57 pm, "Mike M" wrote:
"J T" wrote in message

http://www.vintageprojects.com/power...aperrouter.pdf

I dunno. That thing looks like it's got "HOSPITAL STAY" written all over
it.
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

Don't worry, nothing will be lost. The shop apron has pockets for
storing loose appendages!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"JohnB" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 25, 3:57 pm, "Mike M" wrote:
"J T" wrote in message

http://www.vintageprojects.com/power...aperrouter.pdf

I dunno. That thing looks like it's got "HOSPITAL STAY" written all over
it.
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

Don't worry, nothing will be lost. The shop apron has pockets for
storing loose appendages!

....and Gorilla Glue.

--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

I dunno. That thing looks like it's got "HOSPITAL STAY" written all
over
it.

"Once up on a time" people exhibited ingenuity and resourcefulness. I have a
book showing many good wood woodworking tool you can make. It is probably 60
years old or so. You could just use a drill press, equip it with a speed
changer (step pulley between motor pulley and drill press pulley) make an
auxiliary table with movable fence. You would need the adaptor to replace
the chuck and mount the shaper cutter.

Walt Conner

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 02:00:31 GMT, "WConner"
wrote:

You could just use a drill press, equip it with a speed
changer (step pulley between motor pulley and drill press pulley) make an
auxiliary table with movable fence. You would need the adaptor to replace
the chuck and mount the shaper cutter.

Wonder how well the drill press spindle would withstand the side
Posted to rec.woodworking

Don't worry, nothing will be lost. The shop apron has pockets for
storing loose appendages!

Hey! don't badmouth the shop apron. If I didn't have mine I would never
find a pencil. or a tape. or a screwdriver. or my square. or my ass for
that matter.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

Isn't it amazing what these old mechanic's publications published before
every other person on earth was a lawyer?

My mom got me a copy of "The Boy Mechanic" back in the late 1950's or the
early '60's. It was a compilation of projects from Popular Mechanics that
were aimed at young men. Some were for youngsters; but one of my favorites
was a engine/propeller driven ice boat capable of speeds in excess of
100mph. Just what any kid needs.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RonB" wrote in message

My mom got me a copy of "The Boy Mechanic" back in the late 1950's or the
early '60's. It was a compilation of projects from Popular Mechanics that
were aimed at young men. Some were for youngsters; but one of my

favorites
was a engine/propeller driven ice boat capable of speeds in excess of
100mph. Just what any kid needs.

On the order of the "go-kart", before there was such a thing, we built in
the 50's from an old 5hp Briggs and Stratton, a sheet of plywood, wheels
from old wheel barrows, a centrifugal clutch found in a junk pile, and a
pillow block or two for the axles. Everything else provided by basic 'hand
n' foot' co-ordination.

Brakes!? ... we don't need no steenking brakes!

.... and at that height, it felt like at least a hundred!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Homemade Lathe Michael Woodworking 26 March 17th 06 04:54 PM
Does a Grizzly Shaper/Router collet fit a Delta 1/2" shaper? Toller Woodworking 9 November 20th 05 07:49 PM
HOMEMADE RASP J T Woodworking 2 January 13th 05 03:54 AM
Homemade crucibles [email protected] Metalworking 6 December 8th 04 03:19 AM
Homemade finish Bruce Litherland Woodturning 6 October 20th 04 07:39 AM