Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default HOMEMADE SHAPER - PDF

Fri, Apr 27, 2007, 2:00am (EDT+4) (WConner) doth
sayeth:
"Once up on a time" people exhibited ingenuity and resourcefulness. I
have a book showing many good wood woodworking tool you can make. It is
probably 60 years old or so. You could just use a drill press, equip it
with a speed changer (step pulley between motor pulley and drill press
pulley) make an auxiliary table with movable fence. You would need the
adaptor to replace the chuck and mount the shaper cutter.

I suppose that the words 'ingenuity and resourcefulness' would
cover people going over Niagra Falls in a barrel. A few of them
actually lived through the experiene.
I've got several books showing how to make things, most of them
well over 60 years old. Most of them I would have no trouble making, if
I was interested ithat particular item. I draw the line tho at going
over the falls in a barrel, and in making a homemade shape following
plans like that. If, for some depented reason, I did opt to make my own
shaper, I would make my own chuck, something I would be sure that would
work, not just a drill chuck. I'm willing to take a calculated risk,
but not a needless chance.

JOAT
If you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter.
- W.S. Lind