Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default HOMEMADE SHAPER - PDF

"RonB" wrote in message

My mom got me a copy of "The Boy Mechanic" back in the late 1950's or the
early '60's. It was a compilation of projects from Popular Mechanics that
were aimed at young men. Some were for youngsters; but one of my

favorites
was a engine/propeller driven ice boat capable of speeds in excess of
100mph. Just what any kid needs.

On the order of the "go-kart", before there was such a thing, we built in
the 50's from an old 5hp Briggs and Stratton, a sheet of plywood, wheels
from old wheel barrows, a centrifugal clutch found in a junk pile, and a
pillow block or two for the axles. Everything else provided by basic 'hand
n' foot' co-ordination.

Brakes!? ... we don't need no steenking brakes!

.... and at that height, it felt like at least a hundred!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07