kaitlin

Default question on finishes

I have a friend who has bad environmental alergies... and is redoing her
house in natural finish wood trim. I know there are a lot of new
polyurethane-type finishes... but which ones are environmentally more
friendly? less toxic?
Please email me directly.

Thanks.

Bay Area Dave

Default question on finishes - oh, and I'm lazy and want answers emaileddirectly to me...

if you are too lazy to recheck the newsgroup, I don't think you deserve
anyone's time and effort to email you personally.

dave

kaitlin wrote:

I have a friend who has bad environmental alergies... and is redoing her
house in natural finish wood trim. I know there are a lot of new
polyurethane-type finishes... but which ones are environmentally more
friendly? less toxic?
Please email me directly.

Thanks.

tnfkajs

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
gy.com...
if you are too lazy to recheck the newsgroup, I don't think you deserve
anyone's time and effort to email you personally.

Think about it - if she doesn't check the newsgroup, then...

kaitlin

Thanks, Dave, for your compassionate and helpful response. I am new to the
newsgroup. I HAVE searched Google. And your assumption that I am just lazy
is not only unjust, uncivilized, and impolite but unfounded as well. My
basic problem is a lack of knowledge on the topic... so much so that I
really don't know what keywords would be helpful. I have tried several
combinations and am not coming up with any helpful information. I
mistakenly thought there would be helpful, interested people here. It was
my mistake.

kaitlin wrote:

I have a friend who has bad environmental alergies... and is redoing her
house in natural finish wood trim. I know there are a lot of new
polyurethane-type finishes... but which ones are environmentally more
friendly? less toxic?
Please email me directly.

Thanks.

Steve

"kaitlin" wrote in message
Thanks, Dave, for your compassionate and helpful response. I am new

to the
newsgroup. I HAVE searched Google. And your assumption that I am

just lazy
is not only unjust, uncivilized, and impolite but unfounded as well.

My
basic problem is a lack of knowledge on the topic... so much so that I
really don't know what keywords would be helpful. I have tried

several
combinations and am not coming up with any helpful information. I
mistakenly thought there would be helpful, interested people here. It

was
my mistake.

Well *I* sent you an email espousing the virtues of shellac but didn't
even get a thank you...

Bay Area Dave

DUH, didn't you realize that I meant you shouldn't expect a private
answer??? People share their wisdom, thoughts, and questions for the
benefit of all. Sheesh!

dave

kaitlin wrote:

I have a friend who has bad environmental alergies... and is redoing her
house in natural finish wood trim. I know there are a lot of new
polyurethane-type finishes... but which ones are environmentally more
friendly? less toxic?
Please email me directly.

Thanks.

Bay Area Dave

point taken.... oops! she (he) DID and responded with no idea of why I
said they were lazy. she(he) has a comprehension problem too. PROBABLY
A SPOILED YUPPIE!

DAVE

tnfkajs wrote:

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
gy.com...

if you are too lazy to recheck the newsgroup, I don't think you deserve
anyone's time and effort to email you personally.

Think about it - if she doesn't check the newsgroup, then...

Bay Area Dave

so did you email her too?

dave

Leon wrote:

Try water based finishes.

"kaitlin" wrote in message

I have a friend who has bad environmental alergies... and is redoing her
house in natural finish wood trim. I know there are a lot of new
polyurethane-type finishes... but which ones are environmentally more
friendly? less toxic?
Please email me directly.

Thanks.

Leon

No... I figure if they dont have tome to come back here to get the results,
I dont have time to answer directly.

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
y.com...
so did you email her too?

dave

Leon wrote:

Try water based finishes.

"kaitlin" wrote in message

I have a friend who has bad environmental alergies... and is redoing her
house in natural finish wood trim. I know there are a lot of new
polyurethane-type finishes... but which ones are environmentally more
friendly? less toxic?
Please email me directly.

Thanks.

Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM