DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   question on finishes (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/19873-question-finishes.html)

kaitlin August 20th 03 07:44 PM

question on finishes

I have a friend who has bad environmental alergies... and is redoing her
house in natural finish wood trim. I know there are a lot of new
polyurethane-type finishes... but which ones are environmentally more
friendly? less toxic?
Please email me directly.

Thanks.

Bay Area Dave August 20th 03 07:52 PM

question on finishes - oh, and I'm lazy and want answers emaileddirectly to me...

if you are too lazy to recheck the newsgroup, I don't think you deserve
anyone's time and effort to email you personally.

dave

tnfkajs August 20th 03 08:21 PM

question on finishes - oh, and I'm lazy and want answers emailed directly to me...

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
gy.com...
if you are too lazy to recheck the newsgroup, I don't think you deserve
anyone's time and effort to email you personally.

Think about it - if she doesn't check the newsgroup, then...

kaitlin August 20th 03 09:02 PM

question on finishes - oh, and I'm lazy and want answers emailed directly to me...

Thanks, Dave, for your compassionate and helpful response. I am new to the
newsgroup. I HAVE searched Google. And your assumption that I am just lazy
is not only unjust, uncivilized, and impolite but unfounded as well. My
basic problem is a lack of knowledge on the topic... so much so that I
really don't know what keywords would be helpful. I have tried several
combinations and am not coming up with any helpful information. I
mistakenly thought there would be helpful, interested people here. It was
my mistake.

Steve August 20th 03 09:11 PM

"kaitlin" wrote in message
Thanks, Dave, for your compassionate and helpful response. I am new

to the
newsgroup. I HAVE searched Google. And your assumption that I am

just lazy
is not only unjust, uncivilized, and impolite but unfounded as well.

My
basic problem is a lack of knowledge on the topic... so much so that I
really don't know what keywords would be helpful. I have tried

several
combinations and am not coming up with any helpful information. I
mistakenly thought there would be helpful, interested people here. It

was
my mistake.

Well *I* sent you an email espousing the virtues of shellac but didn't
even get a thank you...

Bay Area Dave August 20th 03 09:21 PM

question on finishes - oh, and I'm lazy and want answers emaileddirectly to me...

DUH, didn't you realize that I meant you shouldn't expect a private
answer??? People share their wisdom, thoughts, and questions for the
benefit of all. Sheesh!

dave

Bay Area Dave August 20th 03 09:22 PM

question on finishes - oh, and I'm lazy and want answers emaileddirectly to me...

point taken.... oops! she (he) DID and responded with no idea of why I
said they were lazy. she(he) has a comprehension problem too. PROBABLY
A SPOILED YUPPIE! :)

DAVE

Bay Area Dave August 21st 03 01:04 AM

question on finishes

so did you email her too? :)

dave

Leon wrote:

Try water based finishes.

Leon August 21st 03 03:15 AM

question on finishes

No... I figure if they dont have tome to come back here to get the results,
I dont have time to answer directly.

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
y.com...
so did you email her too? :)