Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How much should I charge for cabinet doors?

I'm trying to update my price structure.

How much should I charge for doors?
So there are paint grade and stain grade, flat panel and raised panel and
arched to consider. Any help appreciated.

woodstuff

Posted to rec.woodworking

"woodstuff" wrote in
:

I'm trying to update my price structure.

How much should I charge for doors?
So there are paint grade and stain grade, flat panel and raised panel
and arched to consider. Any help appreciated.

woodstuff

I just bought a raised panel paint grade door for $28. I can't buy the
materials that cheaply.
Posted to rec.woodworking

How much should I charge for doors?

I haven't bought any cabinet doors recently, but you can check out the
custom door service at rockler.com for a comparison of "custom-
commercial" prices.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

"woodstuff" wrote in message
I'm trying to update my price structure.

How much should I charge for doors?
So there are paint grade and stain grade, flat panel and raised panel and
arched to consider. Any help appreciated.

woodstuff

I've been looking at two places online to eventually buy doors.
www.portadoor.com and www.tapeease.com. You could consult those sites for
ideas on pricing.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

"woodstuff" wrote in message
I'm trying to update my price structure.

How much should I charge for doors?
So there are paint grade and stain grade, flat panel and raised panel and
arched to consider. Any help appreciated.

woodstuff

What is the competition selling theirs for? Do you offer something better
or different than what they sell? If yes, charge more. If no, you may not
be able to get more and still get the orders.

Are you turning away customers because you are so busy? If yes, raise
prices.

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Apr 22, 7:34 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Are you turning away customers because you are so busy? If yes, raise
prices.

Seconded. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

"woodstuff" wrote in message I'm trying to update my price structure.

How much should I charge for doors?
So there are paint grade and stain grade, flat panel and raised panel and
arched to consider. Any help appreciated.

_Very in-depth_, article on estimating/pricing furniture projects in the
December 2006 of "Woodwork" magazine.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Look at many other door maker sites and copy their
methods, which by the square inch with setup charges.

Different species, different prices.

Here is a basic example:

http://eaglebaywood.com/prices.html

woodstuff wrote:

I'm trying to update my price structure.

How much should I charge for doors?
So there are paint grade and stain grade, flat panel and raised panel and
arched to consider. Any help appreciated.

woodstuff

Posted to rec.woodworking

"woodstuff" wrote in message:
| I'm trying to update my price structure.
|
| How much should I charge for doors?
| So there are paint grade and stain grade, flat panel and raised panel and
| arched to consider. Any help appreciated.

Thanks for all the contributors. It's been a help from all of you who
responded!
My prices have gone up a little now, and I have always been pricing by the
square inch, which works out easiest to figure for me. I have also gone to
a minimum price for small doors. I'm going to nose around some other door
builders in the Fort Worth/Dallas area and compare some more. I guess it is
still a "whatever the market will bear" type thing, especially if I do the
installation and add hardware.

woodstuff