Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sommerfeld Router Table

I was recently at the Sacramento Woodworking show and came across a
demonstration of Sommerfeld's router table. I was impressed as far as
ease and workability. I have never seen a discussion about Sommerfeld.
Does anyone know anything about them?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 21, 5:34 pm, wrote:
I was recently at the Sacramento Woodworking show and came across a
demonstration of Sommerfeld's router table. I was impressed as far as
ease and workability. I have never seen a discussion about Sommerfeld.
Does anyone know anything about them?

I don't know about his router table, but he (Marc Sommerfeld) sells
excellent router bit sets and a great video on cabinet making inc.
raised panels and arched raised panels.
His bits are made by CMT.
Gene

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I was recently at the Sacramento Woodworking show and came across a
demonstration of Sommerfeld's router table. I was impressed as far as
ease and workability. I have never seen a discussion about Sommerfeld.
Does anyone know anything about them?

I have the Sommerfeld router table (the top at least) with the fence. I
needed to get a good router table going quickly and didn't have time to
build one. I'm pleased with it. I also have the cabinet making router set,
which I also found worked well for me.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

DZIN wrote:
On Apr 21, 5:34 pm, wrote:

I was recently at the Sacramento Woodworking show and came across a
demonstration of Sommerfeld's router table. I was impressed as far as
ease and workability. I have never seen a discussion about Sommerfeld.
Does anyone know anything about them?

I don't know about his router table, but he (Marc Sommerfeld) sells
excellent router bit sets and a great video on cabinet making inc.
raised panels and arched raised panels.
His bits are made by CMT.
Gene

For the past couple of years, his bits (the new yellow ones) are all
made in China !! They are promoted as "Sommerfeld's Own". He is the
brother of Craig (KREG JIG) Sommerfeld, and it has been printed
somewhere that they don't speak due to business conflicts. Both seem
like pretty nice guys. Marc did the promos at The Woodworking Show all
over the country till the show split and started doing two per weekend.
He now seems to do more of the West side of the country himself and
has a team represent him at the Eastern shows. I haven't seen Craig at
a show in a long time, but I believe he attended some maybe 10-12 years
back.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"ROY!" wrote in message demonstration of Sommerfeld's
router table. I was impressed as far as
ease and workability. I have never seen a discussion about Sommerfeld.
Does anyone know anything about them?

Project - "Building the Sommerfeld Router Table Cabinet
http://www.woodshopdemos.com/smfld-1.htm

Website
http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/

Request a catalogue
http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/catalog.asp

Posted to rec.woodworking

I did not know that! The last set I bought, his rail and stile set,
was still CMT. That was only about 18 months ago.
I like CMT. I suppose if Sommerfeld provides the specs and his Chinese
factoy abides by them, then the bits oughta be OK, huh?

Kreg- Ya learn sumpin every day. I figgerd the guy's last name was
"Kreg".
BTW, Marc's cabinet making video features the Kreg pocket hole jig
very prominently. They must been gittin along then.

Gene

For the past couple of years, his bits (the new yellow ones) are all
made in China !! They are promoted as "Sommerfeld's Own". He is the
brother of Craig (KREG JIG) Sommerfeld, and it has been printed
somewhere that they don't speak due to business conflicts. Both seem
like pretty nice guys. Marc did the promos at The Woodworking Show all
over the country till the show split and started doing two per weekend.
He now seems to do more of the West side of the country himself and
has a team represent him at the Eastern shows. I haven't seen Craig at
a show in a long time, but I believe he attended some maybe 10-12 years
back.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DZIN wrote:
I did not know that! The last set I bought, his rail and stile set,
was still CMT. That was only about 18 months ago.
I like CMT.

So do I, but not ready to accept tools from China yet.

Might want to check out Infinity in Tampa.

Have a couple of their dovetail bits.

I'm happy.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 22, 5:18 pm, Lew Hodgett wrote:
DZIN wrote:
I did not know that! The last set I bought, his rail and stile set,
was still CMT. That was only about 18 months ago.
I like CMT.

So do I, but not ready to accept tools from China yet.

Might want to check out Infinity in Tampa.

Have a couple of their dovetail bits.

I'm happy.

Lew

My TS, drill press, BS and lathe are all made in the US. But most
everything else comes from Tiawan or Mainland China.
Most of those are old American brand names but made overseas.
Gene

Posted to rec.woodworking

"DZIN" wrote in message
oups.com...
I did not know that! The last set I bought, his rail and stile set,
was still CMT. That was only about 18 months ago.
I like CMT. I suppose if Sommerfeld provides the specs and his Chinese
factoy abides by them, then the bits oughta be OK, huh?

Kreg- Ya learn sumpin every day. I figgerd the guy's last name was
"Kreg".
BTW, Marc's cabinet making video features the Kreg pocket hole jig
very prominently. They must been gittin along then.

Gene

Marc now sells his own "improved" pocket hole jig that has a vertical
adjustment capability to handle various stock thicknesses better. According
to Marc, Kreg made a similar change to their product after his was released.
I don't keep up with either to know which came first.

todd