Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where buy Clear Plastic Bags for Dust Collector?

These are 6 or 7 mil, 40 gallon, clear plastic, trash can liners to mount on
the dust collectors like the Delta 1 1/2 hp.
Amazon has them for $5 apiece.
There must be a place to buy these much less expensively?.
All I found on google were commercial quantity size boxes with 100s of bags
and 100s of dollars. I probably only need a dozen.
Hardware store only has black and not the thickness. The thickness is
important to prevent tearing when the odd screw or shart wood ship flys into
the bag.
Any experience buying these clear bags for dust collector?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"trs80" wrote in message ...
These are 6 or 7 mil, 40 gallon, clear plastic, trash can liners to mount
on the dust collectors like the Delta 1 1/2 hp.
Amazon has them for $5 apiece.
There must be a place to buy these much less expensively?.
All I found on google were commercial quantity size boxes with 100s of
bags and 100s of dollars. I probably only need a dozen.
Hardware store only has black and not the thickness. The thickness is
important to prevent tearing when the odd screw or shart wood ship flys
into the bag.
Any experience buying these clear bags for dust collector?

Do they really need to be clear? I think the bulge should be sufficient and
then the 4mil 44 gallon Contractors Bags that are at the Borg will work.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

Yep ... that's what I use. If you have to look to see that they're full ...
well.

Poke it and check for firmness.

My wife didn't buy that technique, either!

Posted to rec.woodworking

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
t...
Swingman wrote:

Yep ... that's what I use. If you have to look to see that they're full
well.

Poke it and check for firmness.

My wife didn't buy that technique, either!

Maybe you should not have been poking her with a pointy stick. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Buy the thickest, low cost ones you can find and just double bag or triple
bag them. I use contractors bags from Sam's on my small Jet DC (1.5HP) and
just doubled the bags.

Test by letting it run for awhile and punch the bag to see if it bursts. If
it does, add another bag. If you have a bigger DC like my 2.5HP then place
a metal garbage can (30 gal) where the lower bag goes and place the bag in
the can then fasten it to the DC. The can helps from the bag from blowing
out on startup. Admittedly - I stopped using the cheapo bags on the bigger
DC when I blew one out and the bag was about half full. Sure made a
mess...;-)

Bob S.

"trs80" wrote in message ...
These are 6 or 7 mil, 40 gallon, clear plastic, trash can liners to mount
on the dust collectors like the Delta 1 1/2 hp.
Amazon has them for $5 apiece.
There must be a place to buy these much less expensively?.
All I found on google were commercial quantity size boxes with 100s of
bags and 100s of dollars. I probably only need a dozen.
Hardware store only has black and not the thickness. The thickness is
important to prevent tearing when the odd screw or shart wood ship flys
into the bag.
Any experience buying these clear bags for dust collector?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Just use a thinner clear bag to line the inside of your existing bag.
I put a cannister filter on the top of my old double bagger DC and
lined the bottom bag with a plastic trash bag. Works like a champ.

Art

"trs80" wrote in message ...
These are 6 or 7 mil, 40 gallon, clear plastic, trash can liners to mount on
the dust collectors like the Delta 1 1/2 hp.
Amazon has them for $5 apiece.
There must be a place to buy these much less expensively?.
All I found on google were commercial quantity size boxes with 100s of bags
and 100s of dollars. I probably only need a dozen.
Hardware store only has black and not the thickness. The thickness is
important to prevent tearing when the odd screw or shart wood ship flys into
the bag.
Any experience buying these clear bags for dust collector?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

"B A R R Y" wrote in message

Swingman wrote:

Yep ... that's what I use. If you have to look to see that they're full
well.

Poke it and check for firmness.

My wife didn't buy that technique, either!

Maybe you should not have been poking her with a pointy stick. ;~)

uh, uh ...

..... never mind.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey TSR80,
Here is a link to American Fabric Filter Company. I had purchased
some custom bags for my two DC systems and they also sent a PDF
showing the plastic bags they sell. Great company, excellent customer
service over the phone. Hope this is helpful,

Marc
(and I like to watch it fill up too!)

http://www.americanfabricfilter.com/dustbags.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey Again,
I was able to paste this off of the PDF they sent to me.

POLY BAGS, ROLLS OF 50
6 Mil, fits up to 21 in. dia x 50 in. L, 50 ct ($2.25 ea.) 21DX50
$59.50
6 Mil, fits up to 24-1/2 in. dia x 72 in. L, 50 ct ($4.25 ea.)
24-1/2Dx72 $99.73
2005 ~ 2006 HOSE CLAMP & POLY BAG PRICE LIST
American Fabric Filter Co. Wesley Chapel, FL 33543 800-367-3591 Fax
813-991-9700

Posted to rec.woodworking

"trs80" wrote:

There must be a place to buy these much less expensively?.
All I found on google were commercial quantity size boxes with 100s of
bags
and 100s of dollars. I probably only need a dozen.

You could always buy a box of 500, then repackage in lots of 10 and
sell on Craig's List.

Would not be the first time a business got started that way, including
the Wooster Brush Company.

The founders bought a couple of crates of unknown stuff at a freight
liquidation auction.

Turns out the "stuff" were hog bristles from China.

As they say, the rest was history.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

I should have added.... call thes folks

http://www.americanfabricfilter.com/

They offer excellent solutions for a lot of DC problems.

trs80 wrote:

These are 6 or 7 mil, 40 gallon, clear plastic, trash can liners to mount on
the dust collectors like the Delta 1 1/2 hp.
Amazon has them for $5 apiece.
There must be a place to buy these much less expensively?.
All I found on google were commercial quantity size boxes with 100s of bags
and 100s of dollars. I probably only need a dozen.
Hardware store only has black and not the thickness. The thickness is
important to prevent tearing when the odd screw or shart wood ship flys into
the bag.
Any experience buying these clear bags for dust collector?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Large clear bags at Wal-Mart. I use them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I was there just yesterday. All they had were the black kind. Ill keep
looking.
thanks
"Will" wrote in message
m...
Large clear bags at Wal-Mart. I use them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

WoodButcher wrote:
Just use a thinner clear bag to line the inside of your existing bag.
I put a cannister filter on the top of my old double bagger DC and
lined the bottom bag with a plastic trash bag. Works like a champ.

SNIP

I've done the same thing, only left the top bag in place(No canister).
Saves having to shake the **** out of the bottom bag when emptying.
regards
John