Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT New project

On Apr 7, 7:07 pm, "Swingman" wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message news:...
It's a bit too cool to be out in the shop today ... damn hard to believe
it's April in Houston.

Being cold in April here in Houston made me curious, so just for fun (to
those with ****head tendencies pay attention to that last), and even though
I don't own a copy of PowerPoint, I did a little algorerithm:

[snipped AlGorythms]

Gore foisting himself on his own petard...no..wait
Gore throwing himself off a cliff.... no wait..
Gore throwing himself on his own rectal thermometer...yea..that's
better.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message news:...

It's a bit too cool to be out in the shop today ... damn hard to believe
it's April in Houston.

Being cold in April here in Houston made me curious, so just for fun (to
those with ****head tendencies pay attention to that last), and even though
I don't own a copy of PowerPoint, I did a little algorerithm:

Top 10 warmest Marches in the last 118 years in Houston:

72.1 1907
69.4 1953
69.2 1908
68.8 1945
68.7 1921
68.6 1938
67.6 1967
67.6 1918
67.5 1911
67.3 2004

(20% were in the last 50 years)

Top 10 Coolest Marches:

53.4 1915
56.0 1931
56.1 1969
56.4 2001
56.9 1970
56.9 1947
57.3 1978
57.4 1960
57.4 1941
57.6 1892

(50% were in the last 50 years)

Now just to be fair, since August in Houston is generally snynomous with
"hell":

Top 10 Warmest August's in 118 years:

87.0 1951
86.8 1999
86.8 1902
86.6 1980
86.5 1993
86.2 1987
86.0 1909
85.9 1962
85.8 1927
85.7 1948

(60% were in the last 50 years)

Top 10 Coolest

78.8 1894
79.5 1973
79.5 1891
80.1 1992
80.3 1972
80.4 1971
80.5 1893
81.0 1892
81.1 1975
81.1 1967

(60% were in the last 50 years)

The BURNING question: Should I go ahead and make my reservations for the
Academy Awards next year??

(Yeah, I know ... but it's too cold out in the shop right now, in April, in
Houston!)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

First of all it is global warming and not local warming.

Second, the most visible impact of global warming is a change in weather
patterns. Some areas may locally actually get COLDER!
Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

True, I make ice cubes in my oven on a regular basis.

"Wood Worker" wrote in message
First of all it is global warming and not local warming.

Second, the most visible impact of global warming is a change in weather
patterns. Some areas may locally actually get COLDER!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 8, 12:14�pm, "Swingman" wrote:
"Wood Worker" wrote in message
First of all it is global warming and not local warming.

Second, the most visible impact of global warming is a change in weather
patterns. *Some areas may locally actually get COLDER!

Yabbut, but you missed the part about ****heads.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Yabbut...did anyone else read about the professor emeritus at Colorado
(climatologist) who says Gore doesn't know what he's talking about and
gives sufficient (along with other reading) evidence for me to agree
with him? Global warming? Probably. Caused by humans? Some, but not
enough to make a real difference.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 8, 12:57 pm, "Swingman" wrote:

Yabbut, but you missed the part about ****heads.

Did NOT! ( I know.. you weren't talking to me..)

Saw that ... but back to my Acadamey Award bid. On further reflection and
modeling, I am going to further hypothesize that it's gotten colder here in
Houston in the last 50 years due to the huge influx of Northerner's.

We can't help that we're naturally 'cool'.

The evidence of that is indisputable, and, if you graph both sets of data
out the correlation is absolutely inarguable with regard to "human induced
cooling"!

Move over GORE!! Da Swingman in on his way and is going to look good
on that red carpet!

I mean, it's the same algorerithm rationale and therefore should garner the
same acclaim, even sans PowerPoint, doncha reckon?

Maybe use use Keynote instead..yup, that's the cool version of
presentation software..again, yup, mac.

Damn ... what am I going to wear at the presentation? Decisions, decisions

Lederhosen. Those often have a trap-door on the back. Handy for those
moments when one wants to invite someone to kiss one's ass...

But.. you have the stats and the proof... All you need now is some
dyke to sing a theme song.

respectfully,

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 7, 10:36 pm, "Wood Worker" wrote:
First of all it is global warming and not local warming.

Second, the most visible impact of global warming is a change in weather
patterns. Some areas may locally actually get COLDER!

Volume of polar and glacial ice would be more telling.

Bear through this until the last part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Qid...elated&search=

No matter what side of the issue you're on, don't you feel like
pulling that asshole out and force-feeding him some sense?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Apr 8, 12:57 pm, "Swingman" wrote:

Yabbut, but you missed the part about ****heads.

Did NOT! ( I know.. you weren't talking to me..)

Saw that ... but back to my Acadamey Award bid. On further reflection

and
modeling, I am going to further hypothesize that it's gotten colder here

in
Houston in the last 50 years due to the huge influx of Northerner's.

We can't help that we're naturally 'cool'.

Further evidence, that only strengthens the algorerithmn.

The evidence of that is indisputable, and, if you graph both sets of

data
out the correlation is absolutely inarguable with regard to "human

induced
cooling"!

Move over GORE!! Da Swingman in on his way and is going to look good
on that red carpet!

Oh ****, I hope they understand I'm color blind and may need some assistance
(Federal, like big Al) in finding anything "red".

I mean, it's the same algorerithm rationale and therefore should garner

the
same acclaim, even sans PowerPoint, doncha reckon?

Maybe use use Keynote instead..yup, that's the cool version of
presentation software..again, yup, mac.

Brilliant! One up Al baby by using a Mac ... talk about "taking the
inititative"!!

Damn ... what am I going to wear at the presentation? Decisions,

decisions

Lederhosen. Those often have a trap-door on the back. Handy for those
moments when one wants to invite someone to kiss one's ass...

Will bib overalls do? Maybe I can borrow/rent JOAT's?

But.. you have the stats and the proof... All you need now is some
dyke to sing a theme song.

No problem, I can probably lay my hands on one.

respectfully

ROTFL ...

Hey man, if you're not busy that night, wanna be my agent??

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 8, 1:41 pm, "Swingman" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Apr 8, 12:57 pm, "Swingman" wrote:

Maybe use use Keynote instead..yup, that's the cool version of
presentation software..again, yup, mac.

Brilliant! One up Al baby by using a Mac ... talk about "taking the
inititative"!!

Woops... bad news. Al Gore sits on the BOD of Apple Inc. (Steven Jobs
isn't stupid, he get a free security detail thrown in.) Gore uses
Keynote software to do his dog and pony show when he's on the road.
We'll do your presentation LIVE with real polar bears and scantily
clad chicks with sandwich boards and
we'll show twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with
circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining
what each one is...

Lederhosen. Those often have a trap-door on the back. Handy for those
moments when one wants to invite someone to kiss one's ass...

Will bib overalls do? Maybe I can borrow/rent JOAT's?

E-mail him and ask him...

For theme song we could get Shelley Long... I hear she's isn't doing
much these days.

For presenter, I propose Scarlett Johansson, with her on stage, nobody
will give a **** what's being said.

Now.. about that agent thing.. I'll have my people call your people,
we'll do lunch.. love you man.. you're the best, this is going to
knock one out of the park, I feel an Oscar coming on...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

| We'll do your presentation LIVE with real polar bears and
| scantily clad chicks with sandwich boards and

| we'll show twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with
| circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one
| explaining what each one is...

_/Now/_ you've done it - I want to see a rendering of the kitchen at
Alice's Restaurant!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 8, 4:16 pm, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

| We'll do your presentation LIVE with real polar bears and
| scantily clad chicks with sandwich boards and

| we'll show twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with
| circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one
| explaining what each one is...

_/Now/_ you've done it - I want to see a rendering of the kitchen at
Alice's Restaurant!

LOL...
There were a couple of people in here who I thought would pick up on
this.....you were one of them.

But that is a stellar idea! After all, who really knows what that
kitchen looked like.
..
..
..
..
'cepting Alice.
..
..
I need to do a little Googlin'..see what out there already. *nods*...
good idea...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
| On Apr 8, 4:16 pm, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
|| Robatoy wrote:
||| We'll do your presentation LIVE with real polar bears and
||| scantily clad chicks with sandwich boards and
||| we'll show twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs
||| with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one
||| explaining what each one is...
|| _/Now/_ you've done it - I want to see a rendering of the kitchen
|| at Alice's Restaurant!
|
| LOL...
| There were a couple of people in here who I thought would pick up on
| this.....you were one of them.

Yabbut it took me a little over eighteen minutes to stop laughing...

| I need to do a little Googlin'..see what out there already.
| *nods*... good idea...

A sizable trash compacting device might be a good idea.

ROFL (sometimes I crack me up!)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/solar.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

A sizable trash compacting device might be a good idea.

ROFL (sometimes I crack me up!)

as well it should crack you up..that's some funny right there...

Consider it stolen.

LOL

Yup.. that'll be at least 18 minutes...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
A sizable trash compacting device might be a good idea.

ROFL (sometimes I crack me up!)

as well it should crack you up..that's some funny right there...

Consider it stolen.

LOL

Yup.. that'll be at least 18 minutes...

Sorry. You only get 15 minutes of fame.

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000731-1, 04/08/2007
Tested on: 4/9/2007 3:47:04 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

| We'll do your presentation LIVE with real polar bears and
| scantily clad chicks with sandwich boards and

| we'll show twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with
| circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one
| explaining what each one is...

_/Now/_ you've done it - I want to see a rendering of the kitchen at
Alice's Restaurant!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/solar.html

"You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant, ceptin
Alice." (credit to Arlo)
Joe G

New project Robatoy Woodworking 25 April 10th 07 12:40 AM
Help with my first project [email protected] Woodworking 2 July 7th 06 07:33 PM
What think ye? (project) Enoch Root Woodworking 3 December 21st 05 07:28 AM
some project Dave Hinz Woodworking 7 January 28th 05 02:58 AM
Looking for a project Prometheus Woodworking 17 October 2nd 04 05:38 AM