Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default $350 for a thickness planar what should I get?

I'm looking for a thickness planer and plan on getting it from Home
Depot. They have Rigid, Ryobi, Delta, and Dewalt brands. The Ryobi is
fairly cheap $200 I think. I have a Rigid router that I am quite happy
with and have been leaning towards that model.

Any suggestions on features I should look for? I have never used one
and am not sure what to look for. The basic use is for rough saw oak
and other hardwoods. Most pieces will be less than 6 feet in length,
width around 8"-12" and thickness from 1/4" or so up to 3".

Thanks.

FA- General 350 JGS Woodworking 5 October 18th 06 04:11 PM
TEAC GF-350 [email protected] Electronics 3 May 27th 06 06:37 AM
Planar Snipe(TP300) stoutman Woodworking 14 January 1st 05 09:56 PM
Delta 12" Portable Thickness Planer or 22" Shop Built Thickness Sander? tillius Woodworking 11 December 21st 04 12:27 AM
Delta DP 350 Paul O. Woodworking 2 September 8th 03 11:12 PM