Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default TEAC GF-350

The TEAC GF-350 turntable/cd redcorder allows the user to put an LP on
the turntable and record it to cd.

Does anyone have one of these?

I have read a special cd for music must be used, called cd-da I think. I
have searched the Best Buy and Circuit City sites and can't find
anything called a cd-da.

From what I have read these cds are special for music and that regular
data cds used in computers cannot be used in the TEAC GF-350.

On Amazon, it states any cd-r or cd-rw may be used in the TEAC machine.
Most of these are labeled for data or music, so does this mean they can
be used?

Posted to alt.electronics
Jasen Betts

On 2006-05-27, Daniel wrote:

It's my understanding that a Data CD is recorded from the outside in,
where-as a music CD is recorded from the inside out. So you can use any
CD for Data or Music, just one type of info per disk.

No, both are inside to outside take a data cd with only a little data and
mark near the outside with a whiteboard pen, it'll have no effect.

Under the right conditions the "burn marks" of the recorded data can be
seen, compare a 1/4 full CD with a blank one.

The difference is somthing in the way that the data is encoded

Bye.
Jasen