Sarah

Default Teac Receiver No Sound

Teac stereo receiver, Model AG-35 has power but no sound.
any suggestions?
Sofie

Sarah:
Yea..... lots of suggestions, but I think you probably already know that we need MUCH MORE to go on than your original posting provided.
You really need to help us narrow things down a bit. Remember that you are our eyes and ears and you have the Teac Receiver right in front of you with your test equipment at it's side.
***What voltage measurements have you done?
B+ getting to the output stages?.... driver and preamp stages?
Protection circuitry? Speaker relay energizes? Shorted APO stage? DC on speaker rails before relay?
***What component tests have you done? transistors, diodes, capacitors, low-ohm resistors?
Inspection of circuit board.... visual observations .... solder connections?
***Tape monitor or adaptor switch(s) not accidentally left on.
***Missing Pre-amp/Power-amp jumpers?
No sound on all sources, some sources, both channels, one channel ???
***Is audio coming out of tape output jacks?
Do some detective work at your end and post the results and any and ALL pertinent troubleshooting details.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Sarah" wrote in message le.rogers.com...
Teac stereo receiver, Model AG-35 has power but no sound.
any suggestions?

Sofie

Sarah:

With the information that you provided in your 2 postings I can DEFINITELY tell you that your Teac receiver is MALFUNCTIONING.

If you can do some basic technical troubleshooting and use your DMM to do some technical testing.... and then PROVIDE ANSWERS to the majority of the questions I asked in my previous posting..... someone here in the newsgroup might be able to give you some more specific repair suggestions.

Another solution for you would be to take it to a service shop for a repair cost estimate....... it will take an experienced and knowledgeable (hands on) technician with the proper test equipment, tools and replacement parts to troubleshoot and diagnose the fault..... once you have a repair cost number you can then make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of internet guesses.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie