Posted to alt.electronics
Daniel

Default TEAC GF-350

wrote:
The TEAC GF-350 turntable/cd redcorder allows the user to put an LP on
the turntable and record it to cd.

Does anyone have one of these?

I have read a special cd for music must be used, called cd-da I think. I
have searched the Best Buy and Circuit City sites and can't find
anything called a cd-da.

From what I have read these cds are special for music and that regular
data cds used in computers cannot be used in the TEAC GF-350.

On Amazon, it states any cd-r or cd-rw may be used in the TEAC machine.
Most of these are labeled for data or music, so does this mean they can
be used?

It's my understanding that a Data CD is recorded from the outside in,
where-as a music CD is recorded from the inside out. So you can use any
CD for Data or Music, just one type of info per disk.

CD's are cheap...give it a go and see what happens.

(Wish I did have a Teac GF-350, make sticking my albums on CD much easier.)

Daniel

http://www.teranews.com ***