Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.support.divorce

Default OT - The Wisdom of King Solomon

This was a tough one to post...it has metal, wood and divorce
content. ;)

I sure hope they have more than one dog. ;)

TMT

German man chainsaws house in two in divorce split

A 43-year-old German decided to settle his imminent divorce by
chainsawing a family home in two and making off with his half in a
forklift truck.

Police in the eastern town of Sonneberg said on Friday the trained
mason measured the single-storey summer house -- which was some 8
meters (26 feet) long and 6 meters wide -- before chainsawing through
the wooden roof and walls.

"The man said he was just taking his due," said a police spokesman.
"But I don't think his wife was too pleased."

After finishing the job, the man picked up his half with the forklift
truck and drove to his brother's house where he has since been staying.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.support.divorce

I thought the moral of the Solomon proverb was NOT to do this sort of
thing, as total functionality of the house (child?) would be lost!

Having been divorced once, I can certainly share the sentiment, tho. Pretty
cool, but pretty dumb.

Mike Eberlein

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.support.divorce

mikee wrote:
I thought the moral of the Solomon proverb was NOT to do this sort of
thing, as total functionality of the house (child?) would be lost!

Having been divorced once, I can certainly share the sentiment, tho.
Pretty
cool, but pretty dumb.

Mike Eberlein

An important, but sometimes overlooked point is that it wasn't Solomons'
kid. He didn't know whose it was, but it for sure wasn't his.

This moron cut his own house in half.

Bill
is worth a **** unless backed up with enough genuine information to make
him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000722-4, 03/09/2007
Tested on: 3/10/2007 2:24:09 AM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.support.divorce

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:47:47 -0600, Deke wrote:

This story will NOT have a happy ending.

Least he didnt cut the old lady in half with the saw.

wrote:

[...]

Political Correctness

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.support.divorce

On Mar 10, 3:45 pm, Gunner wrote:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:47:47 -0600, Deke wrote:

This story will NOT have a happy ending.

Least he didnt cut the old lady in half with the saw.

..

Evidently he wanted no part of her...

--

FF

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.support.divorce

Gunner wrote in
:

snip
Least he didnt cut the old lady in half with the saw.

snip

I wonder which half he would have taken.......

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.support.divorce

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:10:17 -0500, Bill wrote:

Gunner wrote in
:

snip
Least he didnt cut the old lady in half with the saw.

snip

I wonder which half he would have taken.......

Bill

I was thinking the exact same thing!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:35:45 -0700, NewMan
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:10:17 -0500, Bill wrote:

Gunner wrote in
m:

snip
Least he didnt cut the old lady in half with the saw.

snip

I wonder which half he would have taken.......

Bill

I was thinking the exact same thing!

Would not that depend on whether the cut was horizontal or vertical?

;P

Mark
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.support.divorce

"NewMan" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:10:17 -0500, Bill wrote:

Gunner wrote in
m:

snip
Least he didnt cut the old lady in half with the saw.

snip

I wonder which half he would have taken.......

Bill

I was thinking the exact same thing!

Hmmm,... which do I dislike more,
being yelled at, or farts?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.support.divorce

In article ,
"YooperBoyka" wrote:

"NewMan" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:10:17 -0500, Bill wrote:

Gunner wrote in
m:

snip
Least he didnt cut the old lady in half with the saw.
snip

I wonder which half he would have taken.......

Bill

I was thinking the exact same thing!

Hmmm,... which do I dislike more,
being yelled at, or farts?

You could slice the other way and get a right and left half
Committees of Correspondence Web page:- tinyurl.com/y7th2c