charlie b

Default Knowledge vs Wisdom

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing
A lot of knowledge without wisdom is more dangerous.
(Knowledge and Wisdom are not the same)

Though Krunchy may come to mind, this is intended
more for newbies newer than I am and I'm definitely
a newbie.

Acquiring power tools and only knowing how to turn
them on to rip, cross cut, route or bore is potentially
dangerous. Knowing how to set them up properly and
use them correctly reduces the risk of appendage
loss. Knowing which to use and when - that starts
getting into the wisdom part of this woodworking thing.

Knowledge, applied without wisdom, is what's going
to get one in trouble. "I will because I can." is often
the first step to grief. While gaining knowledge,
try including gaining some wisdom.

just a thought

charlie b
LRod

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:32:54 -0800, charlie b
wrote:

As someone's tagline said (I can't remember if it was on this ng or
another) "knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not
putting tomatoes in fruit salad."

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Joe Wells

wrote:

As someone's tagline said (I can't remember if it was on this ng or
another) "knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not
putting tomatoes in fruit salad."

Or another way:

knowledge without wisdom: Richard Nixon
wisdom without knowledge: Edith Bunker

--
Joe Wells

Frederick Wilson

You know in aviation we start with two bags. One is a full bag of luck
the other is an empty bag of experience. The object of the game is to
fill the bag of experience before the bag of luck empties.