Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router technique help.

Hello,
Would like recommendations for books or other publications that would be
helpful in learning to properly use a router with a fence and router table.
I am new to using routers for all but the most basic uses such as hinge
mortising or putting a decorative edge on a wooden plaque.

My immediate interest is making raised and flat panel doors.

TIA,
Gary K.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 23:29:00 -0600, "videoguy"
wrote:

Hello,
Would like recommendations for books or other publications that would be
helpful in learning to properly use a router with a fence and router table.
I am new to using routers for all but the most basic uses such as hinge
mortising or putting a decorative edge on a wooden plaque.

I know that alot of posters here don't like the Router Workshop (PBS
if you can get it), probably because it's a relatively low budget home
grown show that doesn't seem to actually show you how they finish a
project. The editing certainly leaves a lot to be desired. Having
said that---

It's one of the better shows on router work you will ever see. If you
want to see Norm start and finish something in under a 1/2 hour, watch
New Yankee Workshop. It's a very interesting show, but he seems to
gloss over the set ups and procedures.

If you want to learn router use and jig/fixture arrangements, watch
Router Workshop. While you will not be impressed with the stuff
being made - be impressed with the howto using simple setups, routers
and the explanations.

I have taken ideas and built more jigs and fixtures from this show
than any other. This show isn't about the project, it's about the
tool being used.

Pete
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"videoguy" wrote in message
Hello,
Would like recommendations for books or other publications that would be
helpful in learning to properly use a router with a fence and router
table. I am new to using routers for all but the most basic uses such as
hinge mortising or putting a decorative edge on a wooden plaque.

My immediate interest is making raised and flat panel doors.

TIA,
Gary K.

All you need is right here.

http://www.patwarner.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 5, 12:29 am, "videoguy" wrote:
Hello,
Would like recommendations for books or other publications that would be
helpful in learning to properly use a router with a fence and router table.
I am new to using routers for all but the most basic uses such as hinge
mortising or putting a decorative edge on a wooden plaque.

My immediate interest is making raised and flat panel doors.

TIA,
Gary K.

Lots of books available. Examples from my library a

Router Magic by Bill Hylton (excellent for jigs, fixtures and tips)
Router Joinery by Gary Rogowski
Router Joinery Workshop by Carol Reed
Router Tips & Techniques by Bob Wearing
Router (the best tips from 25 years of Fine Woodworking)

I have done reviews of one or two of the above books for Canadian
Woodworking, and will eventually post them on www.woodstoneproductions.com.
My personal favourites are Router Magic and Router Joinery.

The Woodshop Video Series by Fine Woodworking has one video called
'Versatile Router' that you may want to try. I reviewed two of their
videos on the site.

Michel
www.woodstoneproductions.com
Wood Portal