Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grizzly G1022Z Tablesaw - Belt Replacement?

I have a Grizzly G1022Z that i need a belt for. The Parts List refers
to 159 PVA43 V-BELT A-43. I'd rather not order it from Grizzly (to
avoid shipping) and my guess it is a pretty standard belt. Anyone know
what size belt I need to for this TS? Thanks

MikeW

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Grizzly G1022Z that i need a belt for. The Parts List refers
to 159 PVA43 V-BELT A-43. I'd rather not order it from Grizzly (to
avoid shipping) and my guess it is a pretty standard belt. Anyone know
what size belt I need to for this TS? Thanks

MikeW

Take the belt to a place that repairs electric motors. They will have one
in stock that will fit.
Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

We found that the auto parts store could give us a cross reference
from any belt number and we replaced the triple belts on our Griz
planer with better belts from the auto parts supplier.

On Feb 23, 10:37 am, wrote:
I have a Grizzly G1022Z that i need a belt for. The Parts List refers
to 159 PVA43 V-BELT A-43. I'd rather not order it from Grizzly (to
avoid shipping) and my guess it is a pretty standard belt. Anyone know
what size belt I need to for this TS? Thanks

MikeW

Posted to rec.woodworking

Take the belt to a place that repairs electric motors. They will have one
in stock that will fit.
Jim

Or you could get a link belt ("Powertwist"). They cost quite a bit
more than the standard V-belts, but in my experience (drill press,
band saw) they will reduce vibration and noise, and the length is
adjustable.
Grizzly and Rockler carry them, and for local, you might check if
there's a Grainger nearby.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Grizzly G1022Z that i need a belt for. The Parts List refers
to 159 PVA43 V-BELT A-43. I'd rather not order it from Grizzly (to
avoid shipping) and my guess it is a pretty standard belt. Anyone know
what size belt I need to for this TS? Thanks

MikeW

Uh, you need an A-43
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...seItem=3X4 71

Should be available at many sources.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com,
"Andy" wrote:

Take the belt to a place that repairs electric motors. They will have one
in stock that will fit.
Jim

Or you could get a link belt ("Powertwist"). They cost quite a bit
more than the standard V-belts, but in my experience (drill press,
band saw) they will reduce vibration and noise, and the length is
adjustable.
Grizzly and Rockler carry them, and for local, you might check if
there's a Grainger nearby.
Andy

I did that on my Grizzly about 10 years ago and certainly have no
regrets

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Grizzly G1022Z that i need a belt for. The Parts List refers
to 159 PVA43 V-BELT A-43. I'd rather not order it from Grizzly (to
avoid shipping) and my guess it is a pretty standard belt. Anyone know
what size belt I need to for this TS? Thanks

MikeW

The clue to the size is in the item number! Twice it mentions A-43, I would
start there!
Greg