Posted to rec.woodworking

Default RE Home Depot's Chinese Made Plywood rant

Home Depot is absolutely the worst large corporation in the country.
It has nothing but contempt for its customers, its vendors, its
employees, and the communities in which it operates. Its principal
competitor is little better.

It even has contempt for human life. For years it has stocked its
upper shelves and its lumber in a manner that inevitably causes
accidents--a number of them fatal. It has calculated that it is
cheaper to pay what it is forced to pay in settlements rather than
alter its stocking methods which would be more costly. These are not
wild unsupported accusations. The information on HD customer
fatalities is available at many sites on the web. Just do a search.
Read about the old lady and the young boy who were crushed to death by
improperly stacked lumber. Don't be naive. You can take up nothing
with HD management. They don't give a **** about you. Their business
model allows for disgruntled customers who wont return.

Somewhere on the web I read about a problem HD was having with item
sabotage in their stores. It appears some customers are so ****ed
off that they tear open packages, squeeze things out of tubes,
reshuffle bin contents, etc. It might relieve frustration but I don't
think this is the route to take. I just patronize them to an absolute
minimum. Even if I have to drive an extra ten miles and pay a few
cents more I go to a lumber yard or hardware store (Yes, there are a
few of them HD has not yet put out of business) where I know my
patronage is apprec iated. There is a hardware store in my area which
has about 1/3 the space of HD, yet manages to stock three times the
items. HD stocks only what moves fast. HD stocks nothing for the
convenience of its customers.

Don't hold out much hope for HD with Nardelli's 250 million firing.
Just remember it is the board of directors who allowed the
mismanagement, who support and condone HD style of operation. This is
the board that chose his successor.

Just stay away from the place. You will do yourself and your fellow
humans a big favor by doing so. And remember, Lowe's operates on just
about the same principles. The only difference is they keep their
stores a bit cleaner. But the same contempt for the customer is
there.
Posted to rec.woodworking

And if you think that's bad......just look at the label on your shorts and
see where they're made.

Bob

Posted to rec.woodworking

BobS wrote:
And if you think that's bad......just look at the label on your shorts and
see where they're made.

If I could bend like that, I wouldn't need women!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
BobS wrote:
And if you think that's bad......just look at the label on your shorts

and
see where they're made.

If I could bend like that, I wouldn't need women!

As J. Clarke, I believe it was, recently, and aptly, put it: "Waaaaay Too
much information".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07