Posted to rec.woodworking
Seeker

Default Home Depot's 20% off Tool Sale?

Any word yet of Home Depot's yearly 20% off Tool Sale? I am ready to get
one of the new Makita LXT tool combo sets + free cordless recip saw. I
got a chance to put one of the LXT drills in my hands and was very
impressed of it's balance and weight, felt like I was holding my old
Porter Cable 12 volt drill and the portable circular saw was light and
well balanced too.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Seeker:

Seeker wrote:
Any word yet of Home Depot's yearly 20% off Tool Sale? I am ready to get

Hmm, I do know of ONE HD 20% tool sale and that was at least 3 years
ago!
In fact, I JUST unpacked the Rigid planner that I bought at that time.

I think they have selected tools on sale at different times, but I
don't
believe there ever was a repeat of that all tools 20% off.

MJ Wallace

Posted to rec.woodworking
AL

I'm sure they'll have it again this year--about 2 weeks before Xmas. I want
the Milwaukee heat gun they recently started carrying.

Also keep your eye on Amazon/Toolcrib. Last year, they offered 20% off ALL
portable power tools for the first day or two (the same time HD and Lowes
started their promotions), but then changed to 20% off only the portable
power tools that HD and Lowes sell.

"Seeker" wrote in message
Any word yet of Home Depot's yearly 20% off Tool Sale? I am ready to get
one of the new Makita LXT tool combo sets + free cordless recip saw. I got
a chance to put one of the LXT drills in my hands and was very impressed
of it's balance and weight, felt like I was holding my old Porter Cable 12
volt drill and the portable circular saw was light and well balanced too.

Posted to rec.woodworking
AL

In my area, HD and Lowes had 20% off sales (about 2 weeks before Christmas,
and only on portable power tools) the past two years. The year before that,
they had 10% off sale at around the same time. Menards usually had 2-3
different promotions during this time frame, between 10 and 20% off.

HD had a 40% off sale a few years ago when I picked up their Ridgid planer.
I got it for just over $200 including sales tax.

I have a feeling this will be a poor shopping season and the retailers will
have massive sales in February and March.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Seeker:

Seeker wrote:
Any word yet of Home Depot's yearly 20% off Tool Sale? I am ready to get

Hmm, I do know of ONE HD 20% tool sale and that was at least 3 years
ago!
In fact, I JUST unpacked the Rigid planner that I bought at that time.

I think they have selected tools on sale at different times, but I
don't
believe there ever was a repeat of that all tools 20% off.

MJ Wallace

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

"AL" writes:

HD had a 40% off sale a few years ago when I picked up their Ridgid planer.
I got it for just over $200 including sales tax.

The 40% off was on clearance items only. The Ridgid planer happened to on
clearance for a new model at the time.

I got a killer deal on a pressure washer at the 40% off clearance. I paid
$300 for a $600 or $700 machine. It had been used and returned, but it
worked just fine. It ended up costing me about $400 total because the
hose, wand, and nozzles were gone. I could have had a lesser pressure
washer new for $400 but this one will last forever.

Brian Elfert

Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

In view of their stolen pencil screwup and the attention it got them, maybe
it should be a 40% sale this year.

(separate post, Home Depot Apologizes.............)

RonB

"Seeker" wrote in message
Any word yet of Home Depot's yearly 20% off Tool Sale? I am ready to get
one of the new Makita LXT tool combo sets + free cordless recip saw. I got
a chance to put one of the LXT drills in my hands and was very impressed
of it's balance and weight, felt like I was holding my old Porter Cable 12
volt drill and the portable circular saw was light and well balanced too.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

"CW" writes:

Original price of $600.00. You got 40% off and paid $300.00. New math?

The 40% was off the lowest marked price which was less than normal retail.

Brian Elfert