Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ridgid table saw

I'm thinking about getting a Ridgid table saw. I recently moved from
Northern VA to Maine and gave my son all my stationary ww tools (Delta
and Jet). Anybody out there using a Ridgid? Any problems or praise about it?

Seems like the Ridgid has a great lifetime guarantee.

Any insight appreciated.

Bob
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have the Ridgid portable contractor's saw (TS2400LS), and I'm pleased with
it.

Positives:
* The fold-up stand makes it a breeze to get in and out of my truck by
myself.
* The blade that came with it is pretty good.
* The fence is nice and sturdy. It doesn't wiggle left and right if I put
too much pressure on the wood.

Negatives:
* The top is aluminum, so I can't use magnetic accessories.
* The miter gauge is crummy, but I'm told the standard one is pretty crummy
on just about every saw.
* The top is too small to do much crosscutting.

It's good for a contractor, but not as a dedicated cabinetmaker's saw.

"Bob Pilsucki" news.tidewater.net wrote in message
I'm thinking about getting a Ridgid table saw. I recently moved from
Northern VA to Maine and gave my son all my stationary ww tools (Delta and
Jet). Anybody out there using a Ridgid? Any problems or praise about it?

Seems like the Ridgid has a great lifetime guarantee.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob Pilsucki wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a Ridgid table saw. I recently moved from
Northern VA to Maine and gave my son all my stationary ww tools (Delta
and Jet). Anybody out there using a Ridgid? Any problems or praise about it?

Seems like the Ridgid has a great lifetime guarantee.

I've got a TS2424 that I've owned for several years and never had cause to
regret buying. Mine has the steel top with cast iron wings. I've tricked it
out quite a bit. If it has a weakness it'd be the fence isn't all it could be.
A lot of bang for the buck. As for the warranty, I've never need to use it.

http://home.carolina.rr.com/jayhanig/table%20saw1.jpg

If you read negative feedback, consider the source. Make sure the reviewer
actually has owned or used one extensively.

BTW, congratulations on spelling the name correctly. That's more than many of
the regulars here can do.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

I've also got the TS2400LS, and on my recommendation, a friend of mine
who was building cabinets for his new kennel (he's a vet) bought the
TS3650. We have both been very happy with the purchases.

Michael

Steve wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have the TS3650 and it's a great saw. The miter guage is lousy,
though.

Get a TS-aligner to set it up, which made a noticable difference in
performance.

The blade that comes with it is OK, but a better one is worth the $$$.

I really like the included Herc-u-lift for moving the thing around.

Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
news
Bob Pilsucki wrote:
[...]

I believe Mort's saw was pretty highloy rated in one of the WW mags (sorry I
can't recall which one) early last year with the 3650 (which I own) being
the only one in the class rated even higher. The tables on these two, the
2424 and the 3650, are cast iron. The fence on the 3650 is excellent and
the miter gauge is adequate. I can't judge since I've never tried anything
else. There's a lot of support on the forum at www.ridgid.com and the
Herc-U-Lift is great. The motor is outboard and protrudes from the back of
the saw. The latest improvement to this is called the hybrid saw which has
the motor contained withing the parameters of the base and you add nearly
$200, I believe, for that convenience. I'm completely happy with mine and
though I eyeball the big cabinet saws I just can't justify the money nor do
I have the space for one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I've got the 3650 which I bought a couple of years ago. I've been very
happy with it. I upgraded from a Dewalt 744 benchtop saw. I have a
small shop so the included mobile base was a plus since I didn't have
to buy a separate one. I agree that the blade that comes with the saw
is not the greatest but most likely you'll either have a better blade
or will be buying one to suit your needs. I also have a Ridgid 6"
jointer which has worked great as well. My only complaint with the
jointer is that HD doesn't carry replacement knives in their stores but
they're easy enough to buy elsewhere since they're a standard 6" knive.
I'm wavering now between a 3/4 hp Ridgid bandsaw and a 1 hp Grizzly for
slightly more. I like the fact that I can put tool purchases at HD on
my credit card and not have to pay for them for 6-12 months. Good luck
and happy woodworking.

Dale

Bob Pilsucki wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a Ridgid table saw. I recently moved from
Northern VA to Maine and gave my son all my stationary ww tools (Delta
and Jet). Anybody out there using a Ridgid? Any problems or praise about it?

Seems like the Ridgid has a great lifetime guarantee.

Any insight appreciated.

Bob

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob Pilsucki wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a Ridgid table saw. I recently moved from
Northern VA to Maine and gave my son all my stationary ww tools (Delta
and Jet). Anybody out there using a Ridgid? Any problems or praise about it?

Seems like the Ridgid has a great lifetime guarantee.

Any insight appreciated.

Bob

I have been using mine for about a year. It is great, I now own the
tablesaw, 24 volt hammerdrill, sawsall, circlar saw system and just
bought the router, RIDGID does it right. And who else has a lifetime
guarantee. Also chech out the Ridgid woodworking forums. Good points on
the saw from others.

Ridgid vs Craftsman table saw @veriz(nospam)on.net Woodworking 6 March 28th 06 07:22 AM
Ridgid Table saw Michael Billings Woodworking 14 April 8th 05 03:57 PM
Ridgid table size Joe_Stein Woodworking 3 January 16th 05 08:52 AM
Ridgid Table Saw? Nobody Woodworking 4 May 6th 04 04:13 PM
Ridgid TS 3650 table saw RnJPhoto Woodworking 2 October 16th 03 02:04 PM