Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Latest Handyman Club Mailing

Handyman Club of America must be getting desparate. I just got my latest
mailing from them.

They must have decided that the low response rate in signing up new
victims^H^H^H^H^H I mean suckers^H^H^H^H^H, I mean shills^H^H^H^H^H umm
subscribers is that people haven't been seeing the mailings. Well, no
more, my mailing today arrived in a 10 x 14 envelope colored in an
attractive blaze orange, eclipsing all other mail in the mailbox. No
chance of not seeing that mailing. They must have also decided that people
were not being wowed by the generous free tool included in each mailing.
So, no more mailing containing only a sanding pad or a plastic drill index.
Nosirree! They are pulling out *all* the stops in this mailing. Not only
did I get the attractive and highly useful drill guide -- in an attractive
black matte finish with the highly ergonomic black matte raised numbers on
black background, I *also* got the address return labels sheet (I've found
them quite useful after you cut off the HCA club logo) with the stick-on
electrical panel labels (who can't use 5 copies of breaker labels?) and the
obligatory "I'm a Handyman, personalized sticker", in addition, I got a 3
1/2" x 5" notepad with 10 (count 'em 10!) pieces of paper. What a deal! It
that's what they throw in for free, imagine the kinds of free tools they
must be sending to be reviewed and that you then get to keep!

/sarcasm off - for the humor impaired

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

[...]

Wow.... they are debasing the value of my black drill guide... when I got it
folks here on the rec offered to trade me ANY tool in their shop for my
fashionable black drill guide. Now HCA sends them out to ANYBODY... I no
longer feel special. sigh

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 04:11:52 GMT, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

... I'm not sure I like the tone of being referred to as just ANYBODY.
;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

... I'm not sure I like the tone of being referred to as just ANYBODY.
;-)

OK, then you are a NOBODY

Posted to rec.woodworking

I gave them the my standard reply to unsolicited offers--I wrote NO on the
application and sent everything back in their postage paid envelope.
Everything, including the outside envelope. (I did keep the heirloom drill
bit guide. Now I have a matched set. ) Why send it back?

1. Makes me feel good.
2. Costs them about a $1 to retrieve each letter at the post office, with
no profit to them
3. Supports the US Post Office
4. If enough people did it, direct mail advertising wouldn't be low cost
any more.

Old Guy

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:
[...]

I can't wait to get home to check my mailbox! I just hope SWMBO doesn't
get there first and spoil the rush of seeing the rare and elusive
envelope hiding in there, under the bills, credit card offers complete
with epoxy/glue scrapers and weekly junk mail adds, waiting for my
perusal:-)
Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe Gorman wrote:

I can't wait to get home to check my mailbox! I just hope SWMBO doesn't
get there first and spoil the rush [snip]...

Maybe she'll scoop it and hide till it is your birthday? TADAAAA!
Wimmin can be evildoers, you know.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
Joe Gorman wrote:

I can't wait to get home to check my mailbox! I just hope SWMBO doesn't
get there first and spoil the rush [snip]...

Maybe she'll scoop it and hide till it is your birthday? TADAAAA!
Wimmin can be evildoers, you know.

Hmmm, birthday in late November, surprise hidden for 10 months. Maybe
it will turn up before the summer Olympics:-)
Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
. ..

Handyman Club of America must be getting desparate. I just got my
latest
mailing from them.

Wow.... they are debasing the value of my black drill guide... when I got
it
folks here on the rec offered to trade me ANY tool in their shop for my
fashionable black drill guide. Now HCA sends them out to ANYBODY... I no
longer feel special. sigh

... I'm not sure I like the tone of being referred to as just ANYBODY.
;-)

Not feeling special is pretty tough to deal with too... ;~)