Posted to rec.woodworking
ANTHONY DIODATI

Default Handyman Club of America

Is the Handyman Club of America still B.S. ?
Did anyone ever really get tools sent to them to test?
I know I was a member for a while, a while back, and I never got any, just
little drill gauges, and glue spreaders and the like.
I forget how the magazine is, is it worth $12.00 a year? How many issues are
there?
Is this a new thing the $12.00 a year, IIRC it was free before.
Thanks, Tony D.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"ANTHONY DIODATI" wrote in message
Is the Handyman Club of America still B.S. ?

Is it still called Handyman Club of America?

I recall being asked to join as a Charter Member about 12 years ago and a
Charter Member again 11 years ago and a Charter Member again 10 years ago
and a Charter Member again 9 years ago and a Charter Member again 8 years
ago and a Charter Member again 7 years ago and a Charter Member again 6
years ago and a Charter Member again 5 years ago and a Charter Member again
4 years ago and a Charter Member again 4 years ago and a Charter Member
again 3 years ago and then they gave up on gettin me in as a Charter Member.

Still BS.

Did anyone ever really get tools sent to them to test?
I know I was a member for a while, a while back, and I never got any, just
little drill gauges, and glue spreaders and the like.

Only those.

I forget how the magazine is, is it worth $12.00 a year? How many issues
are
there?

IMHO, NO.

Is this a new thing the $12.00 a year, IIRC it was free before.

It was never offered to me as free.

Thanks, Tony D.

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:25:46 GMT, "ANTHONY DIODATI"
wrote:

Is the Handyman Club of America still B.S. ?
Did anyone ever really get tools sent to them to test?
I know I was a member for a while, a while back, and I never got any, just
little drill gauges, and glue spreaders and the like.
I forget how the magazine is, is it worth $12.00 a year? How many issues are
there?
Is this a new thing the $12.00 a year, IIRC it was free before.
Thanks, Tony D.

My wife got hooked up with them for a while.. thought I'd like it.. lol

The tools were junk.. don't remember all of them, but there was a mini
screwdriver set, a plastic drill gauge, some folding pliers and a flashlight...

All were harbor freight quality or worse and supposed values were like 5 or 6
times HF prices...

The good part is that she didn't fall for the "charter member" BS... where you
spend a LOT of money for a few cheap tools..
Mac

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

"Leon" wrote:

"ANTHONY DIODATI" wrote in message
Is the Handyman Club of America still B.S. ?

Is it still called Handyman Club of America?

Yep. Got the Black Drill Gauge in the mail Friday. Can't wait to test the
Free Tools! )

Posted to rec.woodworking
bdeditch

I got the small bag of putty spreaders. What a joke!!!!!!!!!!! If the
putty was thinker than thin soup, they would bend so bad that you could
do anything with them.

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:01:47 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

Their membership cards are real good for spreading glue.

pretty expensive glue spreaders, though... AOhell cd's might work if cut
square..... *g*

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
pretty expensive glue spreaders, though... AOhell cd's might work if cut
square..... *g*

AOHell...that's new one...thanks! I've always called them America
Off-Line, or just plain SOL.

Posted to rec.woodworking
ANTHONY DIODATI

wrote in message
oups.com...

mac davis wrote:
pretty expensive glue spreaders, though... AOhell cd's might work if cut
square..... *g*

AOHell...that's new one...thanks! I've always called them America
Off-Line, or just plain SOL.

Ok Thanks all, Guess I'll forget it.