Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Powertool racing. ON topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyg9U1YaVk8&NR

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyg9U1YaVk8&NR

When is it coming to my town?

Finally a use for my RotoZip.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Cool!

If one of those jumped the track that could be dangerous. Can you say
missing toes.

It reminds me of my first wood job in a cheapo furniture factory. We
used to have belt sander races on Fridays when the boss would by beer
and pizza for the mostly underaged an d 1/2 illegal crew.

Ah, the good ole days.

Robatoy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyg9U1YaVk8&NR

Posted to rec.woodworking

Anybody confess to seeing a tablesaw flip and move around on the ground? I
haven't.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 21 Dec 2006 10:33:42 -0800, "Robatoy" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyg9U1YaVk8&NR

We were a tad more mild in my carpenter days.

We raced belt sanders by hooking them to a switched outlet.

I'll admit that I cheated by dewinding the motor on my 3x24 Rockwell.

That was a screamin' bitch of a racer...for a few races...(rip)...

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:
On 21 Dec 2006 10:33:42 -0800, "Robatoy" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyg9U1YaVk8&NR

We were a tad more mild in my carpenter days.

We raced belt sanders by hooking them to a switched outlet.

I'll admit that I cheated by dewinding the motor on my 3x24 Rockwell.

That was a screamin' bitch of a racer...for a few races...(rip)...

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

De-winding a motor? Sounds kind of Tim Allen-ish, can you explain?
Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe Gorman" wrote in message
De-winding a motor? Sounds kind of Tim Allen-ish, can you explain?
Joe

Remove some of the windings off of the armature.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Increases the current through the motor making it faster.

"Joe Gorman" wrote in message
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

De-winding a motor? Sounds kind of Tim Allen-ish, can you explain?
Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 22, 8:58 am, "Leon" wrote:

Remove some of the windings off of the armature.

Making it hotter too... hence the short life Tom alluded to.

Sortakinda like a Quad 405 power amplifier...sounded great for 2
minutes prior to destruction.

Posted to rec.woodworking

For a little while...

CW wrote:

Increases the current through the motor making it faster.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat Barber wrote:
For a little while...

CW wrote:

Increases the current through the motor making it faster.

Well, mine is an old Craftsman from when the name meant more than the
front end for a credit card, but it's still working on the rare occasion
I need one. Have to use a motor not already equipped with a drive system.
Joe

Powertool shopping - Any experience of Tool-net.co.uk ? Andy Dingley UK diy 3 January 11th 06 01:29 PM
Powersaw Racing. Real Name Home Repair 0 October 19th 05 11:34 PM
racing cylinder material Haaken Hveem Metalworking 9 April 15th 05 03:35 PM
power tool racing on Discovery Channel John Grossbohlin Woodworking 4 March 8th 05 02:28 PM
Ranking Powertool Makers dadada Woodworking 38 January 19th 05 04:34 AM