John Grossbohlin

Default power tool racing on Discovery Channel

Caught this while perusing the TV schedule... pretty wild stuff! Guy just
one a heat with what looked like a Milwaukee 7 1/4" saw... 30 MPH down the
track! I just told my kids I better not catch them racing my new PC 314
against my PC 7 1/4" saw. That admonishment garnered a big "Daaaaaaadd." ;-)
Gotta go, it's a chain saw against a Skill saw!

Fly-by-Night CC

In article . net,
"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

Caught this while perusing the TV schedule... pretty wild stuff! Guy just
one a heat with what looked like a Milwaukee 7 1/4" saw... 30 MPH down the
track! I just told my kids I better not catch them racing my new PC 314
against my PC 7 1/4" saw. That admonishment garnered a big "Daaaaaaadd." ;-)
Gotta go, it's a chain saw against a Skill saw!

I caught this show about a week ago. Pretty entertaining though I really
wanted to see more wild machines. The vacuum cleaner, cheapo DeWalt belt
sander practically direct from the store and that drill powered cart
just didn't do much for me. That "jet" router was pretty disappointing
too. The saw (I believe the one you're talking about - guy picked it up
off the highway and he and his adult son modified it for racing) with
the 10" blade or whatever was pretty satisfying to watch as was the dual
grinder contraption mounted with sawblades that chewed up the walls of
the track.

Ever watched the lumberjack competitions with the super-modified saws?
Now that's on the order of what I'd like to see with the tool racing -
all out killer machines that break the sound barrier.

--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long
Norman D. Crow

"J T" wrote in message
Mon, Mar 7, 2005, 10:58pm (EST-3)

snip

Yeah, sure, and next I expect you'll be trying to convince us they
use V8 engines on chainsaws.
http://www.pibmug.com/files/ultimatechainsaw.mpeg

NOW we're talkin' "hot saw".

--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

max

Once a year our local artists have power tool drag races and demolition
derby's here in SF. Some of these machines are wild. The demolition derby
evolved in to a international event. WE just used to do it at one of our
shops and make a party out of it.
max

In article . net,
"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

[...]

Underground wiring questions... guest987 Home Repair 52 February 2nd 05 01:52 AM
Most useless power tool you own? David Woodworking 116 January 16th 05 04:10 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Last "consumer" power tool plant moves to China John Normile Metalworking 0 December 1st 04 08:31 PM
discovery channel show or divorce? wallster Metalworking 49 September 13th 04 04:42 PM