DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Powertool racing. ON topic. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/186604-powertool-racing-topic.html)

Robatoy December 21st 06 06:33 PM

Powertool racing. ON topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyg9U1YaVk8&NR

RayV December 21st 06 07:19 PM

Powertool racing. ON topic.

Robatoy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyg9U1YaVk8&NR

When is it coming to my town?

Finally a use for my RotoZip.

SonomaProducts.com December 21st 06 07:37 PM

Powertool racing. ON topic.

Cool!

If one of those jumped the track that could be dangerous. Can you say
missing toes.

It reminds me of my first wood job in a cheapo furniture factory. We
used to have belt sander races on Fridays when the boss would by beer
and pizza for the mostly underaged an d 1/2 illegal crew.

Ah, the good ole days.

bent December 22nd 06 01:33 AM

Powertool racing. ON topic.

Anybody confess to seeing a tablesaw flip and move around on the ground? I
haven't.

Tom Watson December 22nd 06 01:40 AM

Powertool racing. ON topic.

On 21 Dec 2006 10:33:42 -0800, "Robatoy" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyg9U1YaVk8&NR

We were a tad more mild in my carpenter days.

We raced belt sanders by hooking them to a switched outlet.

I'll admit that I cheated by dewinding the motor on my 3x24 Rockwell.

That was a screamin' bitch of a racer...for a few races...(rip)...

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Joe Gorman December 22nd 06 12:18 PM

Powertool racing. ON topic.

Tom Watson wrote:
On 21 Dec 2006 10:33:42 -0800, "Robatoy" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyg9U1YaVk8&NR

We were a tad more mild in my carpenter days.

We raced belt sanders by hooking them to a switched outlet.

I'll admit that I cheated by dewinding the motor on my 3x24 Rockwell.

That was a screamin' bitch of a racer...for a few races...(rip)...

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

De-winding a motor? Sounds kind of Tim Allen-ish, can you explain?
Joe

Leon December 22nd 06 01:58 PM

Powertool racing. ON topic.

"Joe Gorman" wrote in message
De-winding a motor? Sounds kind of Tim Allen-ish, can you explain?
Joe

Remove some of the windings off of the armature.

CW December 22nd 06 02:39 PM

Powertool racing. ON topic.

Increases the current through the motor making it faster.

Robatoy December 22nd 06 03:54 PM

Powertool racing. ON topic.

On Dec 22, 8:58 am, "Leon" wrote:

Remove some of the windings off of the armature.

Making it hotter too... hence the short life Tom alluded to.

Sortakinda like a Quad 405 power amplifier...sounded great for 2
minutes prior to destruction.

Pat Barber December 22nd 06 04:22 PM

Powertool racing. ON topic.

For a little while...

Joe Gorman December 22nd 06 05:12 PM

Powertool racing. ON topic.

Pat Barber wrote:
For a little while...

CW wrote:

Increases the current through the motor making it faster.

Well, mine is an old Craftsman from when the name meant more than the
front end for a credit card, but it's still working on the rare occasion
I need one. Have to use a motor not already equipped with a drive system.
Joe